From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoboRIO2 will not accept SD card.

Solved!
Go to solution

Today we removed the SD card to update the program.  The card cannot be inserted.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,213 Views)

There's a white sticker on it from manufacturing.  If you remove that sticker, will the slot accept the card?

I'm assuming you're meaning when you put the card in, it won't stay rather than saying it won't fit at all.  Is that a correct assumption? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,188 Views)

This failed yesterday as we were setting up and updating the RoboRIO 2 for competition.  My understanding is that the card came out and was updated.  The card could not be reinserted into the SD card slot.

Our second RoboRIO 2 would not communicate and update properly.  We are currently running the competition on one of our original RoboRIO units.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,177 Views)

We removed the white sticker with no luck, we also turned the robot completely over so the RoboRio2 was flat. Nothing worked.

Yes, the card will not stay in. I am 99% sure if I manually were to hold the card in the slot it would have worked, but obviously that isn't an option. My overall assessment is that something must be broken in the SD card slot, but I am not sure what or why.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,164 Views)

Is it safe to assume you two are both on the same team working together here?  With the forums, I can't say for sure.

If no, please create a second thread to help avoid confusion while troubleshooting.

If yes, let's chat through ways to resolve what you're running into.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,149 Views)

YES EddieD and I are on the same team.  WE NEED an RMA.  SD card does not lock down in the slot.  RIO2 serial# 3237FF3.  

SD card works in other RIO2.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,144 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chiefct

I sent you a quick message to talk through what the RMA process looks like.  Let's get you some help there.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,130 Views)