From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Power Light

The Power Light on our RoboRio 2.0 is red. We have flashed the SD card and have run code on it. We checked for any metal in the ports, but we could not find anything.  We tried a different SD card and different power source. We removed all devices plugged in. We tested to make sure the power and ground were not shorted. We also checked the voltage on the DIO which was 5V. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,207 Views)

If you're seeing a red power light, that's the roboRIO telling you it's detecting a shorted power rail.

The first step in troubleshooting I'd recommend here is to open up the driver station.  That should show you a red bar next to the lightning icon.  If you click that, I'd expect it'll tell you which rail it detects as shorted.  From there, we can focus efforts on cleaning up around that rail to make sure there isn't an issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,173 Views)

It is on the 6V bus. I didn't see anything in the pins.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,165 Views)

BoKnows_0-1644936233166.png

I'd expect that to mean the servo voltage at the end of the PWM ports.  Does anything look off here?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,156 Views)

Nothing looks visually abnormal. We checked the voltage between power and ground and got 6V.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,150 Views)

It is still showing a red light

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,123 Views)

we are at the exact  same situation...

meanwhile roborio can be reachable through web gui

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,064 Views)

"That should show you a red bar next to the lightning icon."

where is it ? can you describe 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,070 Views)

On the left side of the driver station, there are a few icons.  It would be there when you're connected to the RIO from your driver station.

If you have further questions, please create a thread specifically for your issue rather than continuing another thread.

jmarkesio, Are you still seeing your red power LED?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,060 Views)