Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bricked? Roborio

Solved!
Go to solution

We have been completely unable to image our roborio- even after over a month of non-stop troubleshooting. Here is everything we have tried thus far (including but not limited to)

-Using the reformatting utility as an administrator

-Reformatting via WiFi (with and without safe mode)

-Reformatting via USB cable (with and without safe mode)

-Reformatting via ethernet (with and without safe mode)

-Reformatting via SD card (with and without safe mode)

-Reconfigure via NI Max

-Reconfigure via SSH using putty

-Enabling and disabling wifi adapters

-Enabling and disabling bluetooth drivers

-Enabling and disabling ethernet drivers

-Disabling all firewalls

-Using a different (known working) computer

We have tried Everything.

We have sourced another roborio, and it worked instantly- with no issues using the same computer we have been doing some of the troubleshooting on, however the team that provided us this has since needed it back.

No matter what we do we cannot make progress. Nothing works. We get the same error others seem to be getting "...... firmware not found" etc. (I apologize, I do not have a picture of the error) After the progress bar on the imaging tool gets about 2/5 of the way complete. We are a new (first year) team, and this has been a massive setback to our progress.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(942 Views)

563E3286-8D5A-47A2-8776-D6249E0B5F7B.png

 I found this image on someone else’s thread. We have the same error. Our roborio is also stuck in safe mode.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(883 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ClintonRobotics8895

Since you mention an SD card, I'm guessing this is a roboRIO 2?

Can you try a fresh image on the SD card and setting the team number over USB to the RIO (https://docs.wpilib.org/en/stable/docs/software/roborio-info/roborio2-imaging.html)?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(877 Views)

I don’t know if I should be happy it finally works, or disappointed it took us this long to not find this. Thank you so much. We forgot to edit startup settings with team number following an SD card reimage

Message 4 of 4
(850 Views)