From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 replacement for broken roboRIOs

I'm running through all of the threads to find any devices needing a RMA.  If you don't hear from me on your thread, please post a link here so I can take a look.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,009 Views)

I've gone through the threads I found.  I'm bumping this to the top.  Anything below it is something I've looked at.  If you don't have a reply, please bring it to my attention 😃 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,001 Views)

One of our FRC Team roboRIOs does not work anymore. Can not connect to this suspected broken roboRIO. Using the "FRC roboRIO Imaging Tool" with a known good roboRIO, the roboRIO Target is found, and is listed. But using the suspected broken roboRIO, the "FRC roboRIO Imaging Tool" reads "<no roboRIO targets found>" and it is not listed. Using the Phoenix Tuner with the suspected broken roboRIO, it indicates a "General Error". I tried a Factory Reset, you know, pressing the reset button with the status lights blinking three times, etc., no luck, read all blogs . . . using different USB cable, opening case and cleaning out particles, and such, still no success. With know working roboRIO, all connections work fine, replacing suspected roboRIO on exactly same associated equipment, "<no roboRIO targets found>". May I receive a replacement?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(957 Views)

Hi there FRC community! 

As we went to setup our robot for coding (new coders this year due to graduation and covid etc.) everything was going fine until we went to reimage the robo rio. Ever since, we have been receiving the RED light fault code. Nothing in terms of hardware was changed on the robot and all open rails were covered so no aluminum or metal could cause a short. Took the rio out to look for any pieces of metal, cleaned and inspected all the rails, inspected the board for any issues, even did a continuity test on everything that could have been causing a fault...still the red light persisted. Now, we are still able to communicate with the rio via the computer and upload code. We were able to execute some drive code, but there is still a red light...I am afraid we wont pass inspection with the red light and our competition is in 2 weeks. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(944 Views)

As a point of clarity, no troubleshooting will take place in this thread.  Please create a thread and if it isn't getting a response, point to it in this thread.

If we try to have a conversation here, we have two entirely different questions being posed now and any responses are going to confuse everyone involved.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(940 Views)

Coach of an FRC team. At competition our RoboRio failed. The FRC FTA informed us that it was not recoverable. He suggested we should reach out to NI and ask for a replacement. That's what I'm doing here.

It's an NI roboRIO (not a 2.0 but an original model)

Rob.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(708 Views)

@TreborEikcam Please make a new thread to discuss your particular issue.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(705 Views)