From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Top of Utah LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seven Things Your Doctor Won't Tell You About LabVIEW Scripting by Quentin "Q" Alldredge

I know they plan to post all of the presentations on a CLD Summit Community page somewhere but here is a head start.

Currently attached is my slides and a VIPM package for the Format Toolbar.  The Specialized Bookmarks and LabVIEW Speak: The Next Generation is coming soon.

The Format Toolbar installs to the [vi.lib]\QSI Folder and is launchable through the Tools Menu -> QSI Tools or by QDKS Crtl+Space, Ctrl+F.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,583 Views)

I know this is the one you have all been waiting for... below is a zipped distribution of LabVIEW Speak: The Next Generation in all its Trekkie geekiness.

It includes the commands I used to control my presentation however I had to remove the paths to the demos so those commands do nothing.  I used a PPL I created for the actual PowerPoint interface which I will include later as source code in a zipped distribution.

Still to come as well is the Specialized Bookmarks.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,557 Views)

Here is some more code to share:  

One is my PowerPoint Contoller source code.  It uses activeX calls to control PowerPoint presentations.  There is a few extra functions in this that I really didn't use during my presentation like whiting out the screen and turning on and off the laser pointer function.

The next one is my VI Server Toolkit.  I use this all the time to look up classes, properties and methods in the VI Server Class Hierarchy.  This was really helpful in creating the scripts to create the QControl Toolkit.

Lastly is my Project Manipulation Scripts.  This isn't scripting per se, but rather a way to find project items within a project.  I use these to help me with managing all of the classes, properties, and methods when creating the QControl Toolkit.

Hope you find these helpful too.  If you think of something that should be added to them please share.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,522 Views)

All,

I added the Specialized Bookmarks beta to this post:

N weird tricks you'll want to know when making LabVIEW addons! (and you won't believe number M) by Q...

I know this has been a long time coming.  Feel free to give feedback as this will be added to the Tools Network after feedback is incorporated.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,632 Views)

Hello - I wanted to try out your QSI Format Toolbar, but the newest versions you have are for ≥ LabVIEW 2018, and I'm in 2017. I see that you have a version here that works with ≥ LabVIEW 2015, but I was wondering if this was the latest?  I noticed that your gitlab page didn't have the QSI Format Toolbar. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,138 Views)

This one isn't the most up-to-date one the LabVIEW 2018 one is.  I just made the project public in GitLab.  Located here:

https://gitlab.com/QSI_Shared_Code/FormatToolbar.git

I don't know when I'll have the time but I can save it to a previous version and build a new VIPM package.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,134 Views)

I'll try to use the 2017 version, v1.0.0.10 for now. Are there any major issues with this older version I should be aware of?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,118 Views)