The Daily CLAD

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3 Comments

Which of the following are provided within LabVIEW?

NOTE:  Multiple answers may apply.

a) LLB Manager

b) Domain Account Manager

c) Remote Panel Connection Manager

d) Remote System Manager

e) Bookmark Manager

f) Breakpoint Manager

7 Comments

Which of the following is/are a description of the functionality provided by the Event Inspector Window?

a) Use the Event Inspector Window to view a record of all user Front Panel interaction

b) Use the Event Inspector Window to view active VIs containing Event structures with registered events

c) Use the Event Inspector Window to view event data for all events waiting in event queues

d) Use the Event Inspector Window to view a log of the event data handled for events

13 Comments
6 Comments

Consider the VI shown below.  The Event Structure has only the single case shown.  The Control 'stop' has two states, TRUE Boolean Controls Latch ON State.pngand FALSEBoolean Controls Latch OFF State.pngand the initial value of FALSE.

Boolean Controls Latch #3.png 

The user runs the VI and performs a single left mouse click and release on the 'stop' control.  Which of the following might the Mechanical Action of the 'stop' control be set to for 'stop' to automatically return to FALSE following the left click and release.

NOTE: Mutilple answers may apply.

a) Switch While Pressed

b) Switch While Released

c) Switch Until Released

d) Latch While Pressed

e) Latch While Released

f) Latch Until Released

4 Comments

Consider the VI shown below.  The Event Structure has only the single case shown.  The Control 'stop' has two states, TRUE Boolean Controls Latch ON State.pngand FALSEBoolean Controls Latch OFF State.pngand the initial value of FALSE.

Boolean Controls Latch #2.png

The user runs the VI and performs a single left mouse click and release on the 'stop' control.  Which of the following might the Mechanical Action of the 'stop' control be set to for 'stop' to automatically return to FALSE following the left click and release.

a) Switch While Pressed

b) Switch While Released

c) Switch Until Released

d) Latch While Pressed

e) Latch While Released

f) Latch Until Released

6 Comments

Boolean Controls Latch.png

a) Switch When Pressed

b) Switch When Released

c) Switch Until Released

d) Latch While Pressed

e) Latch While Released

f) Latch Until Released

5 Comments

It has been suggested (thanks David) that a CLAD Coding Challenge (maybe weekly or twice monthly) might be a nice addition to The Daily CLAD.   I am imaging that I or a guest would post a set of requirements, similar but simpler than the LabVIEW Coding Challenges you see at NI Week, and people can comment with snippets of their solutions.  I think it is a great idea that will likely generate some good discussion, allow people to see how others approach problems and also the various benefits of one solution over another. 

Before going full steaming ahead though I thought I would open it up to the floor and see what others think?

The Daily CLAD - Coding Challenge History:

September 2016: The Daily CLAD - Coding Challenge #1 - File Prefix Searcher

October 2016: The Daily CLAD - Coding Challenge #2 - Venn Diagram Sorter

December 2016: The Daily CLAD - Coding Challenge #3 - Mouse Over Counter

January 2017: The Daily CLAD - Coding Challenge #4 - Application Launcher

Steve

6 Comments

Which of the following is TRUE about using the Breakpoint Manager in LabVIEW 8.6 - LabVIEW 2016?

a) The Breakpoint Manager displays all breakpoints set in any VI in the current project

b) Double clicking on a breakpoint listed in the Breakpoint Manager opens the VI containing the breakpoint

c) The Breakpoint Manager allows the user to Enable, Disable and Delete breakpoints

d) The Breakpoint Manager allows the user to select all breakpoints set in any VI that is currently in memory and delete them

14 Comments

Which of the following is TRUE about displaying the Breakpoint Manager in LabVIEW 8.6 - LabVIEW 2016?

a) You can display the Breakpoint Manager from the View menu of a Project

b) You can display the Breakpoint Manager from the View menu of a VI

c) You can display the Breakpoint Manager from the right click menu of a While Loop

d) You can display the Breakpoint Manager from the Context Help window

13 Comments
13 Comments

Assuming initial values for Boolean 1, Boolean 2 and Boolean 3 of FALSE.  If the user runs the VI and then performs a left mouse click on Boolean 2 that fires the Value Change event shown in the snippet, what value is passed to Numeric Value Out?

NOTE:  There are no hidden cases in the Event Structure.

Value Changed Event 18_08_2016.png

a) 0

b) 1

c) 2

d) 4

7 Comments

Tab Control - Programmatic Colouring 18_08_2016.PNG

Consider the VI in the top half of the image and the possible answers to the question in the lower half.  How is Tab Control coloured following execution of the VI?

9 Comments

Tab Control - Accessing Pages 17_08_2016.PNG

What are the contents of Array Out following execution of the VI shown?

a) <empty array>

b) {Steve}

c) {Steve,Likes}

d) {Steve,Likes,LabVIEW}

6 Comments

Tab Control 16_08_2016.PNG

Consider the example Tab Control, shown above, and the three tabs labelled "Steve", "Likes" and "LabVIEW".  Does LabVIEW allow you to assign a different colour to each tab?

a) Yes

b) No

5 Comments

Apologies for the tardiness of 'The Daily CLAD' this year; a combination of workload, a lack of new material and a consequential lack of motivation have left me without a post since February.  I have some new material to post but not enough to maintain a daily output.  So rather than re-use/re-hash old material I think I will change tack and post more quality (with the usual typos/errors ) less frequently.

Welcome to 'The not so Daily CLAD'

Steve