From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

The Daily CLAD

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Things they are a changing ...... CLAD 2017

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

As of July 31st the CLAD exam has become more closely aligned with how LabVIEW is used in jobs to acquire, analyze and report data (rather than the prior low-level general-knowledge exam).

The new CLAD format is defined in the CLAD 2017 Preparation Guide and concentrates on these 4 main areas:  

Hardware (10% of exam questions)

LabVIEW Programming Environment (25% of exam questions)

LabVIEW Programming Fundamentals (50% of exam questions)

Programming Best Practices (15% of exam questions)

LabVIEW Programming Fundamentals (50% of exam questions) is the area that most closely aligns with the content posted within The Daily CLAD but even in this area the question structure/style has been adjusted.

I have a few old style posts already written and scheduled for posting (these will end in the middle of next week).  I will let these go out, but after that will go quiet for a while as I discuss with NI Certification the best way forward for The Daily CLAD.

Comments
San_Punt

Am taking the CLAD this Friday. Let's see how it goes.

San_Punt

vraag 5 CLAD.PNG

Does anyone know why the answer is C?  (4 rows) I just can't understand this one.

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

The best answer is C (item 3: in the question) with four iterations of the loop, but I would expect 20000 columns not 2000.  You get four iterations because the data acquisition takes 2 seconds (20000 samples at 10000 samples/sec), so the elapsed time for each iteration goes (approximately); 0 seconds, 2 seconds, 4 seconds, 6 seconds.

San_Punt

Thanks for your reply! So it goes like this? :

• Start while loop iteration 1  at  t=0, While loop reads 20.000 samples. Elapsed time = 0 (Time has elapsed? = F)
  • Start while loop iteration 2  at  t=2, While loop reads 20.000 samples. Elapsed time = 2 (Time has elapsed? = F)
  • Start while loop iteration 3  at  t=4, While loop reads 20.000 samples. Elapsed time = 4 (Time has elapsed? = F)
  • Start while loop iteration 4  at  t=6, While loop reads 20.000 samples. Elapsed time = 6 (Time has elapsed? = T)--> stop while loop. 
SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Yep, that's it.  The first time you call Elapsed Time you are initialising it and the Elapsed Time it returns is 0.

LeahE
NI Employee (retired)

Just wanted to say Steve how helpful your blog was for passing my old style CLAD, many thanks for the great resource. I'm still subscribed as I like a brain teaser when I get to work.

Looking forward to reading the blog when its geared up for the new style exam!

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Thanks LeahE, I appreciate it.  It was becoming increasingly hard to find new content for the blog.  I think the change to the CLAD has come at a good time.

San_Punt

I got the CLAD today, hurray! Thanks to your help as well.  🙂

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Congratulations Sannieboy, nice one.  Do you know if you took the CLAD or the CLAD2017 exam?

Can you please post you exam experiences here?

San_Punt

Thanks Steve, you can only choose between LabVIEW CLAD2017 or LabVIEW NGX if I'm right. Nevertheless I took the CLAD 2017. I'll have a look at the page in your message.

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

OK.  I think the CLAD2017 or CLAD NXG option is the preference but some geographical locations are still using the CLAD. 

chintamani17

Does any one has sample paper / questions for CLAD 2017, I am preparing for re certification ?

If anyone has good stuff , please share...

Thanks..

crossrulz
Knight of NI

Did you look at the prep guide?

http://www.ni.com/gate/gb/GB_EKITCLADEXMPRP/US

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
chintamani17

Thanks ,  

ravitejashivuni

How many times can we attempt the CLAD exam 2017.Is there any restrictions ?

RAVITEJA S

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

I don't think there is any restriction to the number of times that you can take the CLAD2017. If NI were to restrict anything it might be the minimum time between re-takes to stop you taking the test multiple times in a single day.

Steve