Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get Control Values 2

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Which of the following contains possible contents of Control Values Out following execution of the VI?

Get Control Values 2.png

Get Control Values 2 Answers.png

Comments
MrStevenUND

B again.  

crossrulz
Knight of NI

A

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
MrStevenUND

Got a chance to look it up.  I change my answer to A.  

Why:  With the Controls input to true, returns data for all Controls.  If false, returns data for Indicators.

We have two indicators, "Boolean Out 1" and "Control Values Out".  Therefore we have two array elements.  I'm not sure how the Varient Data for the "Control Values Out" element came to be.  I think the VI was execuited twice, first with the Conrol Values Out displaying D (all items would have been set as Controls).  The second execuiting was as the snippet shows.  The Variant Data at index 1 is reformatting the array from D into a Variant.  (I hope this makes sense to someone else... I don't feel like I'm explaining it well.)

SabariSaravanan.M

C

Sonti_11532

Answer is "C"

crossrulz
Knight of NI

In regard to the variant data in Control Values Out, I am sure it is because Steve did his previous question first.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Answer:  Undefined.  MrStevenUND & crossrulz are correct, creating the previous question has impacted the results for this one.

A is kind of the correct answer, but the variant data for Control Values Out (index 1) contains items from a previous run (when I was creating the previous question).

The key to the question, as MrStevenUND points out, "With the Controls input to true, returns data for all Controls.  If false, returns data for Indicators"