From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

The Daily CLAD

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CLAD2017 - Hardware - DAQmx - Tasks

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Which of the following is/are TRUE regarding DAQmx Tasks?

NOTE:  Multiple answers may apply.

a) All channels in a task must have the same I/O type.

b) For most devices, only one task per subsystem can run at once, but some devices can run multiple tasks simultaneously.

c) Calling the DAQmx Read VI starts your task, performs the finite measurement, and stops the task after the last sample is read.

d) A task can include channels of different measurement types, such as an analog input temperature channel and an analog input voltage channel.

Comments
Baltur

a) True. E.g.  if you have at task that has several analog channels you would not be able to add a digital channel.

b) True

c) It's possible to use the Read VI without the Start VI before and the Stop VI after it, but I would generally advise to use the Start and Stop VIs, especially if you Read multiple times (e.g. in a loop).

d) True.

Because of how the descriptions were phrased I did a short search and it seems a, b and d are straight from the LabVIEW help  https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466AC-01/mxcncpts/tasksnidaqmx/ .

crossrulz
Knight of NI

A, B, C, and D.

Agree, do not advise C.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
RayFarmer
Trusted Enthusiast

All are True

Regards
Ray Farmer
sankar06

All are applicable.

Happy to Wire
nik35324

A; B, C, D

A.Bernau

A, B, C and D

At first glance D is confusing and seems the opposite than A. Then I realized “analog input” is every time the same. What you do with the analog input, whatever you have for a sensor (as long you read a voltage) doesn’t matter.

rak84

A,B,C & D

istan0227

ABCD