Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CLAD2017 - Fundamentals - String Manipulation 5 of 5

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

What is Output String following execution of the VI?

Match first String.png

Match first String.jpg

Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

C

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
ChristineM

I can never get these snippets to be code in Labview.  I read that I need to drag them to the desktop and then into the block diagram (I'm using Labview Full 2018); however, it always just appears as a picture.  Can anyone help? 

crossrulz
Knight of NI

ChristineM,

First click on the picture.  There is a "download" button in the overlay that comes up.  After downloading, you can drag it onto your block diagram.  Due note that this snippet was created with LabVIEW 2019.  Therefore you will need at least LabVIEW 2019 for the snippet to turn into code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
abasak86

C.

wayrider

C

Mani@2019

A

skian

C

CA-Pioneer

C.

It is a sub string match function, if match, the last part of string would be to output. Since the array is set to 0, that means sub string 'Steve' is selected, it is matched and the last part 'LikesLabView' is the final output. So, if array select is '1', the output should be 'SteveLabVIEW'

yangmy20201230

I have tried, and it is really effective; Further, I would like to ask how to use LabVIEW to create this png file and publish it on the forum? Thank you very much~