Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CLAD2017 - Friday Mind Bender - A Pointless Exercise

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

What are the contents of Numeric Array Out following execution of the VI?

Friday Mind Bender 01_12.png

Friday Mind Bender 01_12 Answers.png

Comments
Vinay_Kumar_M_S

C

Baltur

C

Looks like a bubble sort to me.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

C

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Matt-A.

C

kiranteja93

hi Steve ,

we are so glad about this community blog and what you are doing for us. day before yesterday i had  went through my CLAD exam. but i did not qualified in that exam. the questions given in that exam are so tricky little bit tough. most of them are seemed to be DAQ , State machine and Parallel loop Snippets so i want you to request you to post little tough questions on DAQ, State machine and Parallel loop structure. i hope it will help me and so many people like me. 

Thank you.

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Hi kiranteja, sorry to hear that.

It is true, NI seem to be concentrating the CLAD more on the functional aspects of using LabVIEW rather than the syntax.  A consequence of that is that the questions tend to be functional VIs (rather than snippets of syntax) that require the examinee to work the dataflow to arrive at an answer.  It is definitely a different mind set. 

I will certainly add some more questions around DAQ, Parallel Loops and State Machines, thanks for the tip.

If you get a spare five minutes could you post you CLAD Exam Experiences here.

Steve

mini09
Active Participant

C

qubirt

C

HamidH

C

How do you solve this problem in a minute? 

crossrulz
Knight of NI

HamidH,

Notice what is happening inside of the FOR loop.  It reduces to: if x(i) > x(i+1), swap values.  From there it is a simple realization that it is sorting.  Find the sorted array in the answers.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
SercoSteveB
Active Participant

Answer: C.  Nice one all. 

This on the face of it is a complicated question, to complicated for the CLAD, as HamidH points out.  I would say that the Friday Mind Bender questions are definitely outside of the scope of the CLAD exam and are put in as a bit of a challenge.  crossrulz makes a great point though, changing your focus from understanding exactly what the VI does to looking at what the VI does fundamentally (using a little bit of exam technique) narrows the possible answers down to those arrays that are sorted, then you only need to look at the sort order. 

rak84

C

istan0227

C