From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

The Daily CLAD

Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

回應: CLAD2017 - An Introduction to Sets 1 of 5

SercoSteveB
Active Participant

What is the value of Numeric Value Out following execution of the VI?

Set A.png

a) 2

b) 3

c) 4

d) 5

Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

B

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Master_Samwise

I agree that it is B. It think it is B because there are three unique strings going into the set, and the collection size only looks for unique strings. This still leaves me wondering how a set is different than an array or other form of data manipulation.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

A set is just a list of non-repeating items.  So adding an item that is already there will not actually add anything to the set.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
abasak86

Option B.

Krishna_kp

option B.

What are the applications of sets other than eliminating multiple entries?

crossrulz
Knight of NI

The application I have thought of for sets are for registrations (keeping track of who requested access to a resource).  The set avoids duplicate registrations.

I'm sure there are others, I just haven't found them yet.

GCentral
wayrider

B

crossrulz
Knight of NI

For those asking for applications for a set, I recently used one (first legitimate use) for an exclusion list (ie don't do something if the message matches something in the set).  I chose the set over a simple array for the duplication issue and a faster search.

GCentral
Sangameshsh

B its 3

NishaV

B

Matt-A.

B  3 differing strings. 

NishaV

it is B-> 3

istan0227

B

yash00k

B

SoundNLight

B

puneet82

B

CA-Pioneer

B. The Set is a hash table structure which only include unrepeated elements. Using Set could save searching time significantly because searching element of Set is O(1) in a N size set but array is O(N) for a N size array.

johnwhitcraft

Sets and Maps became available in LabVIEW 2019.