From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

[IDLE] The Boston LabVIEW User Group Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there plans for a group meeting in the near future?

Just joined the group and wondering if the meetings were a regular occurrence. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,520 Views)

I'm interested to know about upcoming User Group meetings too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,427 Views)

I will reach out to NI and ask if they have a date planned. They usually send us a date and they are held at DMC's office in Somerville. 

Please post any topics you would like to volunteer to present or topics you would like someone else to present on to the group. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,407 Views)

I would be happy to give a presentation - I could discuss the design of the event logging framework we use at Composed Systems. (Fully Open Source)

I could also give a presentation on implementing GOF design patterns in LabVIEW - specifically using the decorator pattern to add functionality to existing classes without requiring changes to the calling code.  

Message 4 of 5
(3,265 Views)

@paul.r 

+1 vote for the event logging framework... followed by subsequent presentation on design patterns. 🙂

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,247 Views)