SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nisaltminion consumes 80-100% of one core

I have the Systemlink Client installed and it brought with it the nisaltminion and a few other services.

What I have noticed is a situation where the nisaltminion (via python.exe) starts consuming 25% of my total CPU. This caused my battery to die very quickly and I had no idea why.

What seems like every time I put my computer to sleep and wake it up again, it spools up and hangs around 25%. The only thing that works is to stop nisaltminion's service.

Have you seen this in testing before?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,141 Views)

What version of the SystemLink Client do you have installed?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,138 Views)

Sorry:

Systemlink client 17.5

Windows 7

Systemlink server "17.5" - I say that because we might have prior-to-release versions kicking around on that server. Honestly could be part of all of my issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,122 Views)

From your description, I'm taking it that all this is happening on a laptop? And am I right in assuming that you don't have any applications running on the laptop that would be publishing information to the server via tags, messages, or files?

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,106 Views)

Do you have DAQmx installed and if so, which version.  I vaguely recall that older versions of DAQmx (less than 16.0 perhaps) would trigger a refresh every time SystemLink would try to get information on the hardware.  This would result in a bit of an endless loop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,097 Views)

Can we look at the salt logs to see if we see any exceptions? The salt minion log is located at "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\salt\var\log\salt\minion".

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,077 Views)

I have DAQmx 16 installed.

There are a lot of Errors and Exceptions in the Salt logs. I can also email you a link to the log and to the process dump if you would like. I can't put that here.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,027 Views)

Can you direct message me and send me the logs where you are seeing the errors?

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,016 Views)

Yeah, let me trigger the issue again and I will send you a log with a some-what accurate timestamp.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,006 Views)