From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual update procedure for NI PM upgrader

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Is there a procedure to manually update the NI PM Upgrader package. This was proposed by NI PM itself. Auto-upgrade doesn't seem to work. At least not on all systems, it worked on 1 and didn't on another.

Please advise.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,987 Views)

Are you opening Package Manager on the client machine or are you wanting to do this via SystemLink?

As of SystemLink 18.2, it now supports upgrading both SystemLink and NIPM on managed systems. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,971 Views)

Hi Brandon,

I ran into the issue that NIPM wants to update itself to 18.5, but somehow on one of my machines the upgrader isn't upgraded, so I can't update NIPM.

Second issue is that I don't see the 18.2 SL update, do I need to change feeds?

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,965 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andre.buurman@carya

Hi Brandon,

I found the NI PM Upgrader package in the updates section (don't know why I didn't see it before) and updated it. It now let's me update NI PM to the latest version. "Show full version number and hidden packages"  might need to be enabled to see the NI PM Upgrader package.

I also found out where to find SystemLink 18.2 in Browse products->Application Software->SystemLink.

Selecting 18.2 to install adds the required feeds and install it.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,953 Views)

Click the "gear" icon in Package Manager to find the option.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,906 Views)