SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to prevent teststand from always creating a systemlink test result

i have a teststand test sequence that is run many times during the manufacturing (tuning) of a part, but i would only like to save the results to systemlink during the "final test" phase after all tuning is complete.

is there a way to programmatically determine whether or not the results of a test sequence will create a record in test monitor?

is there a way to query test monitor for recent results and delete one?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,644 Views)

> is there a way to programmatically determine whether or not the results of a test sequence will create a record in test monitor?

At what point during the execution does the system decide whether or not to send the results? Can this be determined before the main body of the sequence in question, say at PreUUT time? Or does it require the execution to have completed first?

If we know before the plugin has published a result, there may be a way to temporarily stop it for the current execution, but it's a bit dependent on the setup.

> is there a way to query test monitor for recent results and delete one?

Yes, this can be done using Test Monitor LabVIEW API, or via the HTTP API directly. There is also a way to programmatically determine the result ID of the currently executing sequence from within TestStand, and then that result can easily be deleted without needing to query. This is a pretty stable fallback approach if the first one doesn't work out.

Message 2 of 5
(1,594 Views)

thanks for the reply!  i got distracted on another project, but now i'm back to teststand...

> At what point during the execution does the system decide whether or not to send the results? Can this be determined before the main body of the sequence in question, say at PreUUT time?

yes, in general, i will know at preUUT time (when the operator is entering a serial number) whether or not i want to generate a record in test monitor, so i am very interested to hear more how the reporting plugin can be disabled at this stage!

> There is also a way to programmatically determine the result ID of the currently executing sequence from within TestStand, and then that result can easily be deleted without needing to query.

this would also be very useful for preventing the creation of "failed" test results if the operator aborts the test, so i'm very interested to hear how to get the system link result ID from within teststand! 

thanks again for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,550 Views)

has anyone figured out how to use the labview test monitor API with test stand?

alex's reply above implies that there is a way to obtain a result ID that could be used to delete the test monitor result created by a sequence that fails.  however, none of the labview built-in test monitor VIs accept a sequence context as an input.

the "get property value" VI (from the test stand palette) accepts a sequence context as an input.  is there a way to use it to query the result ID?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,524 Views)

If we know before the plugin has published a result, there may be a way to temporarily stop it for the current execution, but it's a bit dependent on the setup.

Look https://ja.savefrom.net/download-from-instagram

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,461 Views)