SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change a system's minionid or use hostname to get readable system health tags

When I add a system health tag to a dashboard control it has a long system prefix, which is hard to trace back to the system it originates from.

I somehow traced it back to being a minionid for the particular system, it is changeable to something readable? If so, where would it need to be changed.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,735 Views)

Currently, there isn't a way to change the health monitoring tag or minion ID. The minion ID is included in the tag name because it ensures that the tag name will be unique. However, when it's a minion ID for a Windows system, this can make it hard to figure out which system that it corresponds to. 

Would it be helpful if there was a column that would list the system that it was tied to?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,707 Views)

Hello Brandon,

It would if it is also visible in e.g. dashboard builder when selecting tags to display.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,702 Views)

Are you normally looking for the tags when in the Dashboard Editor as opposed to actually being in the Tag Viewer?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,700 Views)

It's a bit to soon to answer that question I just started investigating the possibilities. Personally I think I would probably use the tag viewer to find tags for use in webvis (have more freedom) and leave dashboard builder for quick research.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,672 Views)