From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webvi_plugin template required changes to avoid duplicates

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm playing around with the webvi_plug template stuff from https://github.com/ni/systemlink-web-interface-template and I'm wondering:

1. In which place I need to change the reference to webvi_plugin to avoid duplicate SystemLink dashboards in the web server configuration?
  2. Which references to webvi_plugin need to be changed to identify the dashboard with it's functional name in:
    • SystemLink portal?
    • Web server configuration application privileges page?
  3. How to rename e.g. the name of "52_webvi_plugin.conf" in the project and have it update properly in the distribution?
  4. How to add a file like "52_webvi_plugin.conf" to the distribution like the current one is done, I don't seem to be able to select a .conf file. 
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,493 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andre.buurman@carya

Hi Andre,

(The example on Github uses 'webvi_plugin' in the NXG example, and 'webapp_plugin' in the manual example. I primarily used the manually installed example, so use 'webapp_plugin' throughout my response).

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 4.43.49 PM.png

1. To configure security/access control for all Web VIs in one place, modify the `52_webapp_plugin.conf` file, and duplicate the <Directory> tag to specify any other plugins. E.g. 

<Directory htdocs/plugins/webapp_plugin/resources>
    # Tell the privilege module to use webapp_plugin.htpriv
	Session On
    AuthNIPrivilegeApplication webapp_plugin
    Require privilege ModifyResource
</Directory> 
<Directory htdocs/plugins/webapp_plugin2/resources>
    # Tell the privilege module to use webapp_plugin.htpriv
	Session On
    AuthNIPrivilegeApplication webapp_plugin
    Require privilege ModifyResource
</Directory> ​

2a. To change the name of the plugin in the SystemLink homepage, change the "pluginTitle" value within the en.json file –

htdocs\plugins\webapp_plugin\resources\json\locales\en.json

2b. To change the name of the application shown in the NI Web Server Configuration utility, change the <description> tag within the `webapp_plugin.xml` file. E.g.

<description xml:lang="en">Web Application</description>

To duplicate the webapp_plugin, you would also need to update a few other values with the config.json and en.json files. E.g.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Web Server\htdocs\plugins\webapp_plugin2\config.json

{
   "authorizationMarker": "/plugins/webapp_plugin2/resources/marker.txt",
   "buttonIconCls": "fa fa-area-chart",
   "buttonLabelToken": "webapp_plugin2.pluginTitle",
   "buttonTooltipToken": "webapp_plugin2.pluginTitle",
   "iframeResources": {
      "en": {
         "json": [
            "resources/json/locales/en.json"
         ]
      }
   },
   "iframeSrc": "plugins/webapp_plugin2/index.html",
   "orderWeight": 2,
   "permission": "",
   "resources": {
      "en": {
         "css": [
            "plugins/webapp_plugin2/resources/css/webapp_plugin.css"
         ],
         "json": [
            "plugins/webapp_plugin2/resources/json/locales/en.json"
         ]
      }
   },
   "routeToken": "webapp_plugin2",
   "titleToken": "webapp_plugin2.pluginTitle",
   "waitUntilLaunched": false
}

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Web Server\htdocs\plugins\webapp_plugin2\resources\json\locales\en.json

{
   "webapp_plugin2": {
      "pluginTitle": "Web Application 2"
   }
}

3. You should be able to rename the file from within the Project Files pane in NXG. Right-click > Rename.

4. You should be able to import new conf files in the same way. Right-click `support files` > Import file…

Hope this helps! 

Fred Visser -- SystemLink R&D -- National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(3,442 Views)

Thanks Fred, this helps tremendous.

Would it be something to add to the readme in the Github repo?

I will try and add a new file to a webvi dist using a new project started in NXG 4, the example was a converted project from NXG 3.1

There a few annoyance for me with NXG 4's performance compared to 3.1, I'm hoping the next release will provide a better experience on some topics. Since it's so cose I'll check when it's released and provide in app feedback when it's still an annoyance/problem.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,417 Views)