SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Skyline Tag Retention Value

Solved!
Go to solution

I do not see an option to set the retention value via the Skyline Tag property node. You can set the Retention type - Duration for example, but I don't see how you can set the length of duration, or count limit if you are using the Count retention type. If using duration it appears to default to 30 days.

Chase Fearing
Test Engineer, Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,591 Views)

Hi Chase, 

I'm not entirely sure where this setting can be changed but I believe there is some additional documentation on the Skyline Tag property linked in the post that I have attached: 

Skyline file API in webVIs

https://forums.ni.com/t5/SystemLink/Skyline-file-API-in-webVIs/td-p/3846749

Best, 

David Raji | AE NIC

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,564 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CFEARING01

Although there isn't an item in the property node for updating the number of days to keep, or the number of tag values to keep, you can set those values using the LabVIEW API using the "Properties" property node. Those values are stored in a specially named property and if you write to that property, it will update them.

If you are using the "Duration" retention type, you will want to write to the property "nitagHistoryTTLDays" with an integer value which will be the number of days to retain (Ex: "25"). If you are using the "Count" retention type, you will want to write to the property "nitagMaxHistoryCount" with an integer value which will be the number of values to retain (Ex: "10000"). 

Just for context, we don't have a LabVIEW API for the Tag Historian as of SystemLink 18.5 but we are hoping to include that in the 19.0 release. With the Tag Historian LabVIEW API, we would include VIs to configure retention settings for tags.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

Message 3 of 3
(2,555 Views)