SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Monitor Install Failure

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to get the test monitor plugin for SystemLink working but have hit a snag.  Here are the steps that got me here:

1. Installed SystemLink Server and Client on 2 windows 7 PCs. (works fine)

2. Installed "NI SystemLink Server - Test Module" on the server from within package manager (OK still)

3. Tried to install "NI Skyline Test Monitor Support for Teststand 2017 (32-bit)" on the managed client from withing SystemLink Server UI but an error is returned (see detailed results from install Job): 

[
   "Traceback (most recent call last):
File \"C:\\Program Files\\National Instruments\\Shared\\salt\\bin\\lib\\site-packages\\salt\\minion.py\", line 1674, in _thread_multi_return
ret['return'][ind] = func(*args, **kwargs)
File \"C:\\ProgramData\\National Instruments\\salt\\var\\cache\\salt\\minion\\extmods\\modules\
ipkg.py\", line 491, in install
info={'errors': errors, 'changes': ret}
salt.exceptions.CommandExecutionError: Problem encountered installing package(s). Additional info follows:

changes:
----------
errors:
- Nothing provides '1c68c0e2-cf1d-4a8d-80fd-54ac16eec7aa' needed by 'ni-skyline-test-monitor-teststand-2017-support-x86'.
", false, null ]

So I am not sure what the missing software is needed by the test monitor support package. For that matter I am not sure if this is the right way to install the test monitor support since I have been unable to find any documentation on this process. Any help would be great. Let me know if you need more information as well.

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,803 Views)

Do you have TestStand 2017 (32-bit) installed on the client?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,775 Views)

Yes both the 32 and 64 bit runtimes for teststand (and LabVIEW for that matter) are installed on the client

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,760 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author StephenKM

The dependency that the error mentions is referring to the TestStand Development system. Unfortunately, the current version of the Test Module only works with the TestStand Development system. We hope to fix that in version 18.1 which should be released in around a month. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,755 Views)