From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag data error when communicate between skyline server and client (cRIO)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, guys.

Is there anyone who knows about the error code -251012 'Skyline configurations directory not found.'?

After I changed the server to another computer, It seems that cRIO-9067 can't recognize the server.

I already did set up Systemlink server on the new server computer and cRIO-9067 also are showed well on Managed Systems. However, when I run the code, skyline API in the cRIO make error -251012.

How can I solve this error?

(I am using Systemlink server 17.5 on server computer based windows OS and Systemlink client 17.5 on cRIO-9067.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,459 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kreative_24h

You may want to double check your version. I bet you are using 17.2. 

With 17.2 is you change your server you have to reboot you target to restart the LVRT service on the target since it caches the server connection information on startup. 

With 17.5 it should automatically pick up the server change, but it won’t be released until next week. 

Message 2 of 8
(3,452 Views)

Thanks, Joshua.

So, You mean.

If my systemlink version is under 17.5, I should reboot the RT target after my new systemlink server discovered and added it to the managed system list.

Right?

Additionally, I wonder what is the skyline configurations directory and when it will be created?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,439 Views)

If my systemlink version is under 17.5, I should reboot the RT target after my new systemlink server discovered and added it to the managed system list.

Yes, you should reboot your target when you change servers if you are using a version prior to 17.5.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,435 Views)

Okay, Josua.

I resolved it.

But, Do you know what is the skyline configurations directory and when it will be created?

the error code -251012 'Skyline configurations directory not found.'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,423 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kreative_24h

It is looking for the skyline_master.json file in the /etc/natinst/niskyline/SkylineConfigurations directory on the target.  The file is created after a system has been added to a SystemLink server and contains the routing information and credentials required for connecting to the server.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,413 Views)

SystemLink 17.5 is now available in the NI Package Manager.  Please be sure to first upgrade the NI Package Manager to 17.5 before you try to upgrade the SystemLink Server or Client.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,408 Views)

Thanks for your help.

I did upgrade both NI Package Manager and Systemlink 17.5.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,400 Views)