SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[TDM Server] "Connection to the Datasource: <XYZ>@localhost could not be established. Access denied."

I have SystemLink 2020 R2 (20.1) and SystemLink TDM 20.1 installed.

I used the Data Indexer web UI to create a DataFinder instance called "MyTestDF" with "Network share" as the storage type. I notice that the server automatically created "MyTestDF_Hierarchy" as an ASAM source too.

I used the Analysis Automation web UI to upload an ANP file.

Problem 1

I tried to set up a Manual Task to run my ANP file, with "SystemLink TDM User Account" as the User Context.

• If I select "MyTestDF_Hierarchy@localhost" as the data source, the task runs correctly and produces the expected output file.
  • If I select "MyTestDF@localhost" as the data source, I get an error: "Connection to the Datasource: MyTestDF@localhost could not be established. Access denied."

With the 2 test cases above, then only setting that changed is the data source.

This problem only occurs if "Data filter enabled" is checked in the ANP file. It doesn't occur if the data filter is disabled. An example file that triggers this problem is C:\Program Files\National Instruments\DIAdem 2020\Examples\TDM Server configurations\Smooth_Channel_Py.anp

What could be the issue?

Problem 2

If I want to set up a Triggered Task, "MyTestDF_Hierarchy@localhost" is not listed as one of the options. Only "MyTestDF@localhost" is listed.

Why can't Triggered Tasks select an ASAM source?

Settings

I've applied these settings:

• In the NI SystemLink TDM Configuration app, I set the "SystemLink TDM User Account" to a local Windows admin account.
  • My server's firewall is completely disabled.
  • The DataFinder instance points to a shared UNC path where Everyone has "Read/Write" permissions for all subfolders.

Other checks

I am able to connect to the "MyTestDF" DataFinder instance and see the indexed files in all of the following ways:

• I run DIAdem on the server while logged in as the SystemLink TDM User Account
  • I run DIAdem on a different PC on the same network as the server
  • I use the SystemLink Data Indexing web app
  • I use the SystemLink Data Navigation web app
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,899 Views)

Hi Jksh,

There are 2 inconvenient truths that you need to know:

1) The ASAM-ODS interface does not support/provide (file/indexing event)-Triggering

2) You can not choose a DataFinder data source for an ANP with an ASAM-ODS query 

So, if you define your ANP file in DIAdem using the "..._Hierarchy" data source and you activate the (ASAM-ODS) query in the ANP dialog, then your only options after uploading it as a procedure in the Analysis Server are to create a Manual Task or a Scheduled Task.  A (file/indexing event)-Triggered Task will not be possible from an ASAM-ODS data source, and a DataFinder data source will not be possible with an ASAM-ODS query in the ANP file (which is why it doesn't appear in your drop list for that ANP).  Depending on your selections, the Analysis Server will try to auto-convert your ASAM-ODS query into a DataFinder query (silently), but the resulting query will cause its associated Task to always fail.  R&D says that a DataFinder query will be successfully auto-converted into an ASAM-ODS query in the Analysis Server, but it's best to test in DIAdem with same data source type you plan to use in the Analysis Server.

The best practice for ANP file creation in DIAdem is to add the data file(s) you want to test with to your DIAdem's My DataFinder, let them index, then choose My DataFinder as your data source when defining the ANP file in DIAdem in the "Analysis Automation procedure" dialog.  It's best to use My DataFinder instead of connecting to the "MyTestDF" DataFinder, because My DataFinder is always available on all DIAdem computers, regardless of permission settings on the SystemLink Server computer.  After uploading this ANP file to the Analysis Server, you should be able to pick the "MyTestDF" DataFinder as the data source when you create a Triggered Task.  Unless you have a compelling reason not to, I would suggest choosing the "MyTestDF" DataFinder for any Scheduled or Manual tasks as well.  It's easier to program against the DataFinder api, and that way your code for all Task types is the same.

The good news is that you selected a DataFinder that looks for Search Areas.  In SystemLink 2020 R2 it is possible to create a DataFinder that instead indexes the files added to the SystemLink File Ingestion Service (FIS).  In SystemLink 2020 R2 such FIS DataFinders could not fire Triggered Tasks in the Analysis Server, though.  In SystemLink 2020 R3 such FIS DataFinders can fire Triggered Tasks, but it's even trickier to set up the ANP correctly in that case, so it's best you avoid it if you can (which you have so far).

Regards,

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,861 Views)

Hi Brad, thanks for your swift and detailed reply! You have fully answered my question in Problem 2: Triggered tasks just aren't supported via the ASAM-ODS interface.

That's fine; I don't need the ASAM-ODS interface. I only tried it because I was looking for a way around Problem 1, which is still unresolved.

• You said "It's best to use My DataFinder instead of connecting to the "MyTestDF" DataFinder, because My DataFinder is always available on all DIAdem computers". However, "My DataFinder" is not presented as an option via the web UI when configuring Manual or Triggered Tasks.
  • I still don't understand why I get "Connection to the Datasource: MyTestDF@localhost could not be established. Access denied." -- what have I misconfigured?

The core of the problem is this: I am unable to run Triggered Tasks which have Data Filter Enabled. How do I get it to work?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,845 Views)

Hi JKSH,

The best practice is to select "My DataFinder" for your data source when you are in DIAdem creating the ANP file.  Once you upload the ANP file to the SystemLink server, then you would select the regular "MyTestDF@localhost" DataFinder.  I am asserting that the reason you don't see that option in the data source selection dialog on the SystemLink server is because the ANP file you uploaded was configured to use a query from an ASAM-ODS data source selected in DIAdem.  I am contending that if you create the ANP file in DIAdem with "My DataFinder" or "MyTestDF@localhost", then upload that ANP file anew to the SystemLink server, that you will then be able to select the "MyTestDF@localhost" DataFinder in the task configuration dialog.  I am contending these things because R&D has told me them.  I have not tested this exact scenario myself with SystemLink 2020 R2.

Have you recreated the ANP file from scratch in DIAdem using My DataFinder as the data source there, and then uploaded the new ANP file to the SystemLink server?

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,825 Views)

Hi Brad,

@Brad_Turpin wrote:

Have you recreated the ANP file from scratch in DIAdem using My DataFinder as the data source there, and then uploaded the new ANP file to the SystemLink server?

Yes, I have:

1. Start a new ANP from scratch:
    ANP Issue 1a.png
  2. Select "My DataFinder" as the source:
    ANP Issue 1b.png
  3. Enable Data Filter, verify that the data source produces results:
    ANP Issue 1c.png
  4. Leave the Parameter Definition config default:
    ANP Issue 1d.png
  5. Leave Analysis Script config default (so Main.py contains only the default template script generated by DIAdem), then click "Test the Analysis Automation Procedure":
    ANP Issue 1e.png
  6. Pick an example file that came bundled with DIAdem, then click "Start Analysis":
    ANP Issue 2a.png

DIAdem's output log says,

File for the simulation: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\DIAdem 2020\Data\2D_UserFormat.tdm
    -------------------------------------------------------
    ---- Start of the simulation 22/11/2020 11:00:51 PM
    Analysis Server package name: Simple Automation
    Analysis Server package author: JKSH
    Analysis Server package description:
    WARN :Loaded elements: 1
    RESULT:On_Run_AnalysisProcedure: End of Analysis procedure
    ---- End of the simulation. --- Execution time: 0.0 [Min]
  7. Save and upload the ANP file:
    ANP Issue 3a.png
  8. Create a new Triggered Task:
    ANP Issue 3b.png ANP Issue 3c.png
  9. Copy an example TDM + TDX file from C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\DIAdem 2020\Data into MyTestDF's Search Area. Verify that the TDM Server can see it:
    ANP Issue 5.png
  10. Check on the Analysis Server. Alas, there's an error:
    ANP Issue 4a.png ANP Issue 4b.png ANP Issue 4c.png

If I change the procedure so that "Data filter enabled" is unchecked in Step #3, then Step #10 will succeed. Does this help you to pinpoint the root cause of the issue?

What is the closest version of SystemLink Server/TDM Server (older or newer than 2020 R2/20.1) that has been tested to work with Data Filtering enabled?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,813 Views)