SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDM Configuration misses a panel

Hi, NI experts!

I could not find a better place for bug reports, so I am putting this here:

I am running SystemLink 19.6 with the TDM Add-Ons (*) on a Windows Server 2016. Going through the options in "NI SystemLink TDM Configuration", I found the menu item "Information Audit Service" pointing at the content of "Resource Manager Service". I guess, that is not what it should be.

Greeting,
Volker

(*) It is mostly the version 19.6.0.49156-0+f4

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,031 Views)

Hi Volker,

You're right, that can't be what R&D imagined when they added that audit section.  I'll let them know.

Thanks!

Brad Turpin

Senior Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,988 Views)

Hi Volker, hi Brad,

I tried to reproduce the problem.

Yes, the content on both pages (information audit and resource manager) looks the same and only differs in the caption. This is correct because you can configure information audit service to use a sql server database and you can configure the resource manager service to use a (different) sql server database.

I configured a sql server database for resource manager and the settings for information audit stayed untouched. This is the expected behavior.

Am I missing something?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Eva

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,976 Views)

Hi Eva,

Would you briefly explain what this audit feature is designed to do?  It sounds like this is not a bug, and I just didn't understand what the dialog content should look like, because I didn't know what to expect from that feature.  I was expecting static text like on our license agreements pages in various software products.

Brad Turpin

Senior Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,971 Views)