From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systemlink not aware of NXG and NXG 2.0 install after NXG instrument driver install / Classic Instrument Driver Packages

New to systemlink.  Started deploying labview 2019 SP1 to three trial machines.  No Problem.  Then I went to install the Instrument drivers not realizing that Systemlink download from ni.com were NXG LabVIEW.   All three machines installed NXG and NXG 2.0 which in and of itself was fine but the installations were not visible to Systemlink nor the local package manager nor the NI Classic Installer tool.

How did 2 LV NXG installations on 3 parallel machines get installed in a way that I cannot uninstall them?  Is there a fundamental concept that I am missing as I expected any installation done via Systemlink could be reversible?

The corollary question to this is how do classic drivers get deployed via Systemlink?  So far my plan is to generate installers for each project style driver, concatenate this into a batch installer, put the single batch installer into the package builder that installs into [temp] or other location.  And have one package for each LV version and bitness that we need.  Is this the flow workable and is there a better methodology?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,642 Views)

Can you elaborate on the steps you followed to install LabVIEW with SystemLink?  My guess is the you inadvertently added the NXG feed and then some recommend/optional package dependency triggered the install of NXG. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,633 Views)

I created a system state with feeds from NI.com that select LV2019, drivers, doc etc.

Applied the state to three machines then selected to install the packages.

At this point every thing was fine.  LV2019 SP1 with Drivers...  Opened fine.

But then I remembered I needed the Classic drivers...  Which usually I just manually copy into the instr.lib folder.  But I thought I would push it via Systemlink.  And your right I did not notice that the packages from ni.com that said LabVIEW were actually for NXG.  Had to hover over to get the pop up text to be obvious.  Also, I did have install recommended checked.  So NXG and NXG 2.0 were installed on the three PCs.

No worries though just uninstall...I thought.

But when I went to uninstall this application was not listed on the local package manager and not seen in systemlink either.  I tried uninstalling the agilent drivers which they did uninstall.  But NXG and NXG 2.0 were still resident.  So I uninstalled all packages via NIPM but NXG was still installed.  Then uninstalled NIPM itself.  Still there.  Uninstalled all the NI tools from the Classic uninstaller then NXG/2 were removed successfully.  So yes I downloaded the wrong Package but I was not able to undo this without uninstalling everything which I thought was one of the benefits of System link.  A slow undo if you will.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,577 Views)

For the corollary followup.  I did get package builder to create a package from my classic equipment drivers.  Ended up just downloading the drivers from within LV Find instrument driver dialog and then copied all the folders from instr.lib to package builder [temp] location and adding them to Temp install and run a cmd.exe and copy the files from temp to the instr.lib folder.  Seems to work ok.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,576 Views)