SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink systems manager takes a long time to load

Solved!
Go to solution

What factors are involved in the load time of the systems manager?

I have added 2 Windows targets and just today it started to show exceedingly long load times.

Ultimately it loads.

SL18.1

VM 6GB RAM Windows 10 LTSB 1607

Targets disconnected

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,608 Views)

If you are using Chrome you should be able to right click on the page and select Inspect.  Then navigate to the Network tab and let us know where the time is being spent. 

In my case the call that always takes the most time is to get the list of pending systems (1.05 seconds), which we intend to improve in the future.  The good news is that it shouldn't change significantly as you scale up to more systems.  In addition, the call to get the list of managed systems only takes (126 ms).

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 7.59.39 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,594 Views)

Hi Joshua,

The attached load times are just after boot, but are nowhere near the time it took earlier on the day when I tried to configure a target.

It took more than a minute, the difference now could be that I removed 2 disconnected targets from my server and it had a virtual power cycle while I traveled back to the office.

It seem that calls to this method take longest: https://desktop-sc1bglm/nisysmgmt/v1/systems/keys?_dc=1537365658192

I load time get longer again I will post an update, I now know what you need from me, thanks. If I need to include additional info, let me know.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andre.buurman@carya

Not noticed anymore running on a dedicated PC.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,553 Views)