cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink licensing when used only on the localhost

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

My customer wants a web page as the front panel of his application.

So we designed a LabVIEW application that runs on the customer PC, and which publishes info into SytemLink Tags and messages.

On the other hand, we developped a WebVI using NXG 4.0 that reads the tags and subscribes to messages in order to display that info to the customer.

The webpage as to be installed on the same computer as the LabVIEW publishing app.

So our plan is to get the NI Webserver installed also on the customer PC, and placed the HTML files generated by the WebVI into the htdocs folder.

It appears that we need SystemLink server to be installed in order to have the NI WebServer active. Which also makes sense because tags have to be alive somewhere... Am I right here ?

So, in that condition, we need to install SystemLink server on the customer PC. The same PC is also the a client that publishes data into tags and messages.

What are the licensing conditions in that case ? How much would it cost to my customer for that simple setup ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CyGa

You don't need to purchase a SystemLink license for your use-case.  

In NXG, you should be able to build a package and installer for your WebVI and specify a dependency on the NI Web Server and Tag Service.  Note you may need to show the hidden packages when adding the dependencies for the Tag and/or Message Web Service as shown below.  This will build an installer that you can give your customer with everything it needs.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 1.14.31 PM.png

Message 2 of 2
(2,135 Views)