SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink TDM DataFinder search forbidden

I have SystemLink 2020 R2 (20.1) and SystemLink TDM 20.1 installed.

I uploaded some TDMS files into SystemLink and started the default "FileIndex" DataFinder instance, which indexes the SystemLink File Service. I'm able to perform searches using the Data Navigator web app.

After a while though (about an hour?), I'm no longer able to search:

"Forbidden: EXCEPTION: AoException: AO_ACCESS_DENIED (1): RequestorBase(176): ERROR(181): Permission denied! Failed with error code -65534!"

datanav-search-denied.png

Restarting the DataFinder instance seems to make the problem go away, but it comes back again after an hour or so.

So far, I've only used a single PC and single user account to use the Data Navigator.

What causes this, and how do I prevent it?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,593 Views)

Could please check if it also disapears if you close the "FileIndex" Tab in DataNavigator and  Reopen it in "Instance Overview".

The answer would help me to analyze.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,567 Views)

@AndreasK wrote:

Could please check if it also disapears if you close the "FileIndex" Tab in DataNavigator and  Reopen it in "Instance Overview".

Thanks for following up, Andreas.

I tried to reproduce the issue today but couldn't. Today, I used remote desktop to run Firefox on the server itself as I don't have access to the original test machine over the weekend. I'll try again on Monday and report back.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,542 Views)

@AndreasK wrote:

Hi Andreas,

The same error message appeared again today:

• Different server machine
  • Same version of SystemLink + TDM
  • This time, it happened on a DataFinder instance that acts on a Network Share, not the SystemLink File Service.

I can confirm that closing the equivalent of the "FileIndex" Tab and reopening it in "Instance Overview" makes the error disappear.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,350 Views)