SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink Server Installation Fail

I am getting error when I try to install SystemLink Server. "An error occurred while installing the package 'NI Skyline RabbitMQ Configuration (17.1.0.49152-0+f0)'. An error occurred while installing the MSI at 'niskyline_rabbitmq_config.msi'.

I later installed SystemLink Client and had no problems.  I then tried Package Builder, and got an error saying: Invalid checksum for package C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\Download\ni-package-builder-labview-support-1.0-released.nipkg

I have tried installs on two separate machines, one was win7 x64 and other win10. Both machines had same errors. These are work machines, so I am not sure if IT restrictions are causing any of these issues.

Message 1 of 15
(9,757 Views)

Can you turn Package Manager logging on and retry the SystemLink Server installation?

1) Open an administrative command prompt to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI Package Manager
2) Run nipkg config-set nipkg.plugin.wininst.msilogs-enabled true
3) Run nipkg config-set nipkg.plugin.wininst.msilogs-directory=c:\

• Change c:\ to whatever directory you want to log files to

Once you retry the installation and see the RabbitQM Configuration error, please zip up the logfiles and attach them here

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(9,736 Views)

I don't have a lot to offer, other than we have the same issue.  I started a ticket with support@ni.com but have not heard back from them.  

@thesnarfman wrote:

I am getting error when I try to install SystemLink Server. "An error occurred while installing the package 'NI Skyline RabbitMQ Configuration (17.1.0.49152-0+f0)'. An error occurred while installing the MSI at 'niskyline_rabbitmq_config.msi'.

My colleague at another facility has your exact same "rabbit" error and we haven't been able to fix it. 

I later installed SystemLink Client and had no problems.  I then tried Package Builder, and got an error saying: Invalid checksum for package C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI Package Manager\Download\ni-package-builder-labview-support-1.0-released.nipkg

I had this exact same error Monday night.  I came in the next day and for grins tried it first thing Tuesday and it installed fine.  However, I have another machine that it refused to install on.  Something very weird is going on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(9,735 Views)

Were these clean systems or were you installing on top of existing NI software like InsightCM or LabVIEW Communication System Design Suite.  

I ask, because these two products installed a previous version of RabbitMQ, so it could be a bug in the upgrade logic.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(9,706 Views)

I have attached log.

It appears it is having problem accessing net.exe. I tried running net.exe directly and I get permission error on normal user, but it runs on Admin user. I am running NI Package Manager as Admin.

Here is section from log I believe to be indicating issue:

Stopping RabbitMQ...
CAQuietExec: Exception when trying to execute an application.
Application path:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\net.exe

Application arguments:

stop rabbitmq /y

Exception info:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Access is denied
CAQuietExec: at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
CAQuietExec: at NationalInstruments.RabbitMQConfig.RabbitMQConfigProgram.CallExe(String exePath, String args, Int32& exitCode, String& standardOutput, String& standardError, Int32 timeout)
CAQuietExec: Failed to execute application.
Application path:

C:\Program Files\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-3.6.6\sbin\rabbitmq-service.bat

Application arguments:

stop rabbitmq /y

NI RabbitMQ Config returning exit code: 6
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070006: Command line returned an error.
CAQuietExec: Error 0x80070006: CAQuietExec Failed
CustomAction ConfigureRabbitMQ.NISKYRMQCFG returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(9,701 Views)

We're continuing to look into the permission issue calling net.exe, but in the meantime do you know if your IT department has placed restrictions on running net.exe or cmd.exe? There are a number of Group Policy settings that can prevent these commands from running, though since it works when ran as an Admin user I would expect it to work through Package Manager. In any case it will help paint a clearer picture of your environment.

Do you have a VM (or another machine not on your domain) that you can test the installation on?

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(9,618 Views)

I am a beta tester for NXG 3.1 and recently tried to install the NXG web module. I have tried all the known suggestions (including all of the above in this thread) and none of it seems to fix the problem (Please see attached error message). I can see that a similar problem has existed since NXG 1.0. 

None of the below worked for me :

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kIbbSAE&l=da-DK

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019SPkSAM&l=da-DK

I am trying to install this on a machine where the only NI sw're is NXG 3.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 7 of 15
(8,497 Views)

First of all, I would recommend starting a new thread for your specific issue. It's more likely that you'll get someone to help you out if you post a thread. 

Regarding the issue that you are currently experiencing, we'll need MSI logs in order to take a deeper look into the issue. You can enable MSI logs for NIPM via the command line. This KB explains how to enable them. Once you have those enabled, attempt to run the installation again so that the logs get generated. Once you've done this, post them to a new forum thread and we can take another look at it. If you're uncomfortable posting those logs to the forum, you can send me a direct message with them attached but still create a new thread that we can use for communication.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(8,481 Views)

Thanks for answering. 

I think I solved the problem. After the 3rd attempt to install NXG 3.1 + NXG Web, I rebooted and launched NXG 3.1 (and coded a bit) before rebooting again and then proceding to install NXG Web. And for reasons unknown to me, that worked !. This could be why previous users have seen the problem vanish without really finding a root cause for this failure ?. Just guessing. 

and here are some off-thread remarks...

I have already made my first project that calls 3rd party webservices, displays data on graphs etc. Its all quite easy to use, and it has many advantages compared to regular LabVIEW. However with 20+ years of LabVIEW to rely on, I dont understand why all the icons had to have a make-over, even simple array functions are hard to recognize. And a normal DBL wire, is now thicker and looks like an array-wire. Perhaps we could have a "classic skin" ? 

The idea to generate HTML5 from a LabVIEW GUI is awesome, its my hope that NI this time will stick with it and continue to the bitter end and complete the development. The users will come, once it works !.

I first started with the "LabVIEW internet toolkit" and have since 2001 I have been keeping a http server running for a service I have (it has 99+% uptime). The first 12 years it ran in pure G. But from 2013 and onward it has been running in the VI embedded web-server. The latter is lightning fast and extemely stable.

But there is still a long ways to go for the LabVIEW NXG Web module. Here is my wish list :

* programatically changing properties

* Better dynamic resizing of controls and indicators (Flexible panel layout). Its awesome, but needs more work. For instance on an XY graph with Plot Legend that is in Flexible panel layout mode, is not possible to control the Plot Legend position and therefore it positions itself below the graph or in other unwanted locations. But I am guessing that NI knows this already.

I have beta tested since NXG 1, and NXG 3.1 is a clear improvement. The dev. environment has only crashed once in aprox. 24 hours of programming, and it seems very stable, albeit not as stable as back in the good LabVIEW 7.1 days.

So, if anyone from NI is listening, keep working hard on it ! We cant wait for it to be completed. 

/soren

Copenhagen

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(8,477 Views)

Hi soren, 

Thanks for the encouraging feedback! We really appreciate it. 

Per your comments on WebVIs...

1. We have some property nodes, starting in v 3.0 with quite a few more coming in 3.1. In 3.0 we have value, enable/disable, listbox/ring items. Do you have any specific properties you were looking for? 

2. You're right, we already earmarked the plot legend restrictions in flexible layout as something to improve for the future. If you have any other comments about flexible layout that you would care to share, please let me know!

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(8,444 Views)