From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink Connector for Microsoft Flow

I was wondering if the SystemLink product team had considered creating a connector for Microsoft Flow. It looks like the Alarms do not currently have a notification outside of displaying an active alarm in the Systems Manager. I have a colleague who has been doing some cool LabVIEW to Microsoft Flow notification using the HTTP Post VI's.

I think it would be very valuable if there was a SystemLink connector for Microsoft Flow so custom workflows & notifications could be created when alarms are activated. I recently had an alarm for memory usage on one of my production line systems but I was not actively viewing the Systems Manager so the system subsequently crashed due to a memory leak. With a notification workflow in place a situation like that could be avoided.

I think the possibilities are endless with that type of integration though.

Thanks for hearing my feedback!

Chase Fearing
Test Engineer, Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 1 of 3
(2,647 Views)

While we currently don't support MS Flow, you can configure SystemLink to send email notifications when alarms occur.  In your case, you probably just need to launch the NI SystemLink Server Configuration utility, click on the SMTP tab to set it up. 

Below is an example for how I have mine configured for a gmail account I use for testing.

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 8.47.53 AM.png

Once you have the SMTP settings configured you can opt in to alarm emails from the web interface.  From the Alarm Rules view, click on the gear in the upper right hand corner to open the Notification Strategies configuration view.  From there you can add your email to a email group and include that email group in the strategy for any alarms you are interested in getting.

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 8.51.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-08 at 8.52.39 AM.png

If you create a new notification strategy just ensure it is specified in the Alarm Rule.

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 8.54.38 AM.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,632 Views)

Thanks Josh! Another thing I was thinking is that it would be nice if you had a "Send Test Email" button to test the smtp configuration without needing to wait for an alarm to be triggered.

Chase Fearing
Test Engineer, Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,621 Views)