From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink 2021 navigation groups

Solved!
Go to solution

In SystemLink 2020 and earlier, we can create a new navigation group by adding a folder which contains a config.json to

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Web Server\htdocs\groups\

In SystemLink 2021, the folder above seems to be ignored. Instead, navigation groups are now defined in

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Web Server\htdocs\configs\systemlink\config.json

This config file contains "defaultNavigationGroup" which seems to contain all NI SystemLink products (even if those products are not installed).

Questions: How do I add a custom group? Must I edit the pre-installed config file directly, or can I add a separate config file and leave the pre-installed one untouched?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,566 Views)

Hey JKSH,

So, I haven't personally added a new config file myself (and don't have login access to an updated server right this second), but there should be a weight token that decides which config file gets used (higher weight will get prioritized).

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,535 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hello JKSH,

The documentation on how to add apps and groups was updated in this example:

https://github.com/ni/systemlink-web-interface-template/blob/master/readme.md

Thanks,

Ryan F