From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink 2021 R2 Dashboard Tags and Workspaces Improvements

Solved!
Go to solution

I am creating dashboards to monitor test cell utilization from a browser. The tile dashboard has a clean and simple layout capability however it lacks various sizing and tile options. So I am using the Free-Form Dashboard option to create my custom dashboard. Unlike the tile dashboard, I cannot find if the freeform dashboard has the option to choose which workspace to pull tags from. At the moment it only displays for the use of tags in the "Default" workspace and doesn't give me the option to choose which workspace to read tags from. I would rather keep workspaces separate and avoid using the default workspace for all SystemLink material. I am wondering if NI is working on this tag/workspace capability in the freeform dashboards although it is noted that the Free-Form Dashboard is "deprecated" and that "NI recommends that you use tile dashboards instead of Free-Form Dashboards." I really like the both of these dashboards and the option for either to be used.

Freeform Dashboard Tags (No option for Workspace selection)

FreeForm Tag Options.png

Tile Dashboard Tag Binding (Option for Workspace selection)

Tile Tag Options.png

Message 1 of 2
(1,612 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author UTAC_MLee

According to the documentation, the Free-Form Dashboard was deprecated at the same time when Workspaces were introduced: https://www.ni.com/documentation/en/systemlink/20.1/manual/behavior-changes/

If I've understood that correctly, that means NI is no longer adding features to the Free-From Dashboard so it will never receive Workspace support.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 2 of 2
(1,565 Views)