cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink 18.2 - Can't save/delete dashboards

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I just update to SL 18.2 and it seems I can't save /delete dashboards anymore. I am logged in as administrator.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,563 Views)

Are you using the admin login that you setup during the initial SystemLink configuration? If not, can you check to make sure the user you are signed in as has the correct permissions for saving/deleting dashboards? This can be done in the NI Web Server Configuration Utility.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,562 Views)

The NI Dashboard builder privileges are set to default and I can see "Systems manager" when logged in, which is configured to only be seen by admins.

I can create a new dashboard, although I cannot save it thereafter.

It seems I also can't save a new alarm rule, see attachment. I was able to create a new notification strategy.

And it also seems that with the install of SL 18.2  (upgrade from 18.1.1) it lost my smtp settings.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,558 Views)

Can you try resetting the permissions to default (this was suggested in the other thread)? Does this change the behavior change at all? After doing that, can you use the SystemLink Server Configuration Utility to generate a Technical Support Report? You can DM me with that report if that works better for you. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,526 Views)

Reset all to defaults doesn't fix it.

I would DM you the zip file, but I can't seem to add files to the DM.

Could you DM me an email address I can use?

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,512 Views)

Are you logging in using your Windows, Active Directory, LDAP, or built in admin account?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,508 Views)

I tested with both the built in admin as users authenticated by LDAP.

It is the same for users and admins alike.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,505 Views)

Hi André,

From looking at your web server logs, this appears to be a web server configuration issue. My guess is you have custom web server configuration settings (like the Let's Encrypt stuff you were asking about previously) that are conflicting with CORS protection. Specifically, check to make sure any ServerName or VirtualHost directives you might have are referencing the correct HTTPS port. Try editing or removing any custom configuration files you might have and see if you are able to edit and delete dashboards again.

With the 18.2 SystemLink release, you can view and edit your server name on the Remote tab of the NI Web Server Configuration application. The default it uses is based on what it thinks is your HTTPS certificate and your Windows computer name settings.

If you're unable to resolve the issue, you can zip up your configuration files from C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Web Server\conf and send them to the same email you sent the tech support report for me to take a look. Just note that if you do so, you may want to omit the  .htpasswd and defines.d\50_ldap-defines.conf files, because these in particular can contain sensitive information.

Message 8 of 9
(3,489 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andre.buurman@carya

Hi pspangler,

I managed to get it working based on your suggestions. My dashboards now save and are deletable for both admins and normal users.

I changed:

• the preferred host name in the remote tab to the public dns name
  • the server HTTPS port in the HTTPS tab to the port that the public interface is listening to (I had a port number other than 443 for the public facing IP, since 443 was taken for something else. I now made them the same.

I didn't change any of my configuration files or CORS settings.

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,473 Views)