SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemLink 17.5

Solved!
Go to solution

SystemLink 17.5 is now available in the NI Package Manager.  Please be sure to first upgrade the NI Package Manager to 17.5 before you try to upgrade the SystemLink Server or Client.

SystemLink 17.5 Improvements:

• Dashboard Builder - Enables you to create simple web-based dashboards for tags
  • Repository Manager - Improves feed replication from ni.com
  • Reduced CPU and memory usage on LabVIEW RT targets
  • System Locking - Lock systems to prevent accidentally changing the configuration of a test system while something critical is running. Jobs are queued until the system is unlocked.
Message 1 of 25
(5,642 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JoshuaP

I'm extremely excited for this product release.  I definitely encourage this community to experiment with the new Dashboard Builder feature in 17.5.  You can now rapidly create centralized web interfaces that link Skyline tags to visualization options such as graphs, gauges, LEDs, etc.  Dashboards can be user-specific or shared, and they can be embedded in external web applications.

Jason - SystemLink Product Manager

DB 2.PNG

Message 2 of 25
(5,635 Views)

Where do we get the new package manager?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(5,626 Views)

Launch the NI Package Manager and click on the Upgrades tab.  Click Upgrade next to NI Package Manager 17.5.  Note it may require you to close and reopen NI Package Manager for it to succeed.

nipkg.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(5,619 Views)

@jlanier wrote:

I'm extremely excited for this product release.  I definitely encourage this community to experiment with the new Dashboard Builder feature in 17.5.  You can now rapidly create centralized web interfaces that link Skyline tags to visualization options such as graphs, gauges, LEDs, etc.  Dashboards can be user-specific or shared, and they can be embedded in external web applications.

Jason - SystemLink Product Manager

DB 2.PNG

Looks great! Downloading now.

This reminds me of WebVIs from https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Blog/Tech-Preview-LabVIEW-NXG-2-0/ba-p/3626666 -- does the Dashboad Builder share any technology with WebVIs?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(5,609 Views)

It did not want to upgrade for me and I found out that the 17.5 was unavailable.

Anything I can do to fix it?

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(5,603 Views)

@RaulPerez wrote:

It did not want to upgrade for me and I found out that the 17.5 was unavailable.

Anything I can do to fix it?

Yes, you need to upgrade NI Package Manager to 17.5 before you can install SystemLink 17.5.  I'm not sure why NI Package Manager isn't showing up on your Upgrades tab.  Please make sure you have the following feed and you may need to close and reopen NI Package Manager for the NIPM Upgrade to show up.

http://download.ni.com/support/nipkg/products/ni-package-manager/released

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(5,597 Views)

This reminds me of WebVIs from https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Blog/Tech-Preview-LabVIEW-NXG-2-0/ba-p/3626666 -- does the Dashboad Builder share any technology with WebVIs?

Yes, Dashboard Build and the WebVIs use the same set of JS controls and indicators.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(5,596 Views)

I also cannot see NI Package Manager on my upgrades tab.  Also the link provided is not working, I get the following error...

You don't have permission to access /support/nipkg/products/ni-package-manager/released/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(5,580 Views)

I'm in the same boat.

I've added the feed, restarted NI Package Manager, but still don't see an upgrade listed for same.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(5,575 Views)