Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck Approving System

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author jglover7

Sorry for all the spam, but I have finally found the issue. It turns out I had to adjust a proxy setting for use on my work's intranet. The issue is I was going to our external facing proxy instead of staying internal. This was fixed with the simple "no_proxy" environment variable. Unfortunately this took very long to debug partly because the SSL error was confusing. This error also does not come up when using the HTTPSConnectionPool directly vs using the requests module. I figured I should use the requests module after snooping through C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\salt\srv\pillar\_nisysmgmt_rabbitmq.py to find the way the HTTP requests were being done. When I tested it I got a proxy error, which I quickly realized how to resolve (the environment variable), and then after restarting the server for it worked. I'm not sure precisely how the error returned as an SSLError instead of simply a proxy connection error, but I do realize this is not something NI controls if they are using the requests module. Perhaps it is something to take a look at so hopefully it is more clear to others in the future.

Here is the error I was getting when using the requests module to make a simple GET request to the rabbitMQ api before fixing my issue:

requests.exceptions.ProxyError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='<hostname>', port=15672): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/overview (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError(0, 'Error')))

But here is what was originally printing out in the salt master log:

Exception "HTTPSConnectionPool(host='<hostname>', port=15672): Max retries exceeded
with url: /api/users/minion_HP_ZBook_15_G4--SN-CND82943QX--MAC-10-62-E5-8A-23-2
B (Caused by SSLError(SSLEOFError(8, 'EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ss
l.c:852)'),))" occurred when trying to create RabbitMQ userfor "minion_HP_ZBook_
15_G4--SN-CND82943QX--MAC-10-62-E5-8A-23-2B". Try: "5"

Hopefully this helps someone in the future!

Message 11 of 12
(884 Views)

Wow! Thanks for keeping us in the loop and amazing job on the debugging.  I'll make sure the team is aware of this and addresses it in our next release.

Message 12 of 12
(869 Views)