SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skyline LabVIEW Configuration and Tag VI's

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone used the Skyline VI's in LabVIEW yet? I created a Tag on my SystemLink server and want to try writing to it from a LabVIEW VI. I'm a bit confused by the Context Help in the Open Configuration HTTP.vi VI. It says:

"Wire the Skyline server to connect to in the server URL with the format scheme://host:port. If not specified, the default scheme is http and the default port is 80."

Can I just use the server URL I would put into my browser (i.e. http://pcname.domain.com/), or do I need to use a syntax that includes the port?

I didn't have any luck querying tags using the web browser server URL.

Thanks,

Chase Fearing
Test Engineer, Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,200 Views)

If your server is being hosted on a port other than port 80, you will need to include that in the URL. You can find the port that your server is being hosted on by going into the NI Web server configuration utility on the machine hosting the server. Specifically you can find that information on the "Summary" and "HTTPS" tabs.

If you are using AMQP, the VIs will automatically connect to the SystemLink Master if one is configured, and if not, it will attempt to connect to a locally hosted server. 

For the "Path" input on the tag VIs, you would just put the name of your tag.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,189 Views)

My server is hosted on port 80 so the server URL wired to the Open Configuration HTTP.vi is: http://pcname.domain.com/

Username and password wired in are the admin user and password.

Open Tag HTTP.vi returns error: "The server responded with 405 Method Not Allowed"

Chase Fearing
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,187 Views)

I would check your server's remote settings. Make sure that "Allow remote connections from any client" is selected and if you are having trouble connecting, I would also check the box for "Also accept connections from public networks". This setting depends on the network that your SystemLink server machine is connected to and how you've classified it within the Windows network settings.

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,185 Views)

Yup, that's how I have it configured.

Anything look wrong with this:

SystemLink.PNG

Chase Fearing
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,168 Views)

The code looks like it would work to me. Have you tried specifying the port at the end of the web server URL? Do you get the same error? Also, can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,145 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CFEARING01

I've been looking into this a bit, can you try removing the forward slash at the end of your server URL?

Brandon Grey

Message 7 of 8
(6,131 Views)

Yeah, that did the trick actually!

Thank you Brandon!

Chase Fearing
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,095 Views)