From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Pending Systems

Solved!
Go to solution

In the pending systems there is only an option to Approve -- there's no Deny or Remove.  The work-around is to Approve it, and then remove it from the Configured Systems.

2018-06-13_21-45-38.png

In my case, I got an additional Pending System, because I changed the minion_id of the system, so it showed up as a different system. However, I could imagine other scenarios where I might want to remove a pending system, or permanently deny/block all future requests from a specific client. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,365 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Jim_Kring

We plan to add the ability to reject pending systems in the future.  You can currently reject minions using the command-line on the server (c:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\salt\salt-key -r <ID>).

https://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/ref/cli/salt-key.html

However, it currently has the downside that it completely stops the salt-minion service on the target.  If you are using a Linux RT target, it results in the target no longer announcing it's mDNS service, which makes them difficult to discover and add to a different server in the future.  We plan to work with Salt to upstream a change to cause the minions to go back to the disabled state instead of stopping the service before we feel comfortable exposing the ability to Reject targets in the web interface.

Message 2 of 5
(3,361 Views)

I just tested in 19.0 and I don't yet see the ability to reject pending systems -- I just needed this feature again. So, it would still be great to add this 🙂

Also, in SystemLink 19.0 the location is slightly different:

"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\salt-master\salt-key" -r <ID>

Message 3 of 5
(2,945 Views)

Hi!

If you would like a feature added/changed I recommend posting on the https://forums.ni.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideas this forum is monitored by R&D and is used to determine features in new iterations of a product.

ZK
Technical Support Engineer | NI | Not actually retired but I don't know how to change that
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,937 Views)

@ZofiaK,

Since at this time we don't have a specific place on the idea exchange for SystemLink feedback, we have been monitoring this forum for feedback and it is still ok to provide it here. 

@Jim_Kring, as always, keep the feedback coming!

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,932 Views)