SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Target feeds from NI and NI SW updates

When I originally installed SystemLink on my RT targets there were 3 feeds from NI - the nickdanger feeds. None of them ever updated for me and I learned that I wouldn't ever use those feeds so I deleted them. Now I'm curious if there are other feeds from NI for RT targets that would allow me to see available updates in SystemLink. Case in point, I have SystemLink 17.0.0 installed on most of my RT targets but would like to upgrade to 17.5. It would be nice to see the upgrade available. And for other drivers as well. 

Is this available? Or a future addition?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,527 Views)

The nickdanger feeds that you were seeing were included by accident in RIO 17.0.

The feeds that you talk about do not currently exist. When you say you want to see them available, where were you thinking to see them?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,522 Views)

I would like to be able to go into SystemLink Systems Manager and select a device (or several) and go to software. In the available list it would be nice if available upgrades were shown for any of my installed SW or drivers. A natural benefit of course is that I would see in SystemLink what SW is currently installed on my target. 

In the ideal case, here's how I see the process of SW installation:

1. I buy a new target (cRIO will be the example)
  2. Connect the cRIO to computer with LabVIEW and SystemLink installed
  3. Install whatever SW is required for the cRIO to run SystemLink and install the SystemLink client
  4. Connect to SL server
  5. From this point forward, all SW maintenance activities should be done from SystemLink server. I should be able to install new SW and drivers from NI, upgrade currently installed SW and drivers (including SL), and deploy my own apps (this feature is of course one of fundamental purposes of SL and already exists)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,517 Views)