cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with COM dispatcher in Analysis Automation

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am trying to set up an Analysis Automation Procedure in SystemLink 19.6 TDM Server.

I have created the VBS analysis script in DIAdem 19 SP 1, which involves the creation of an MD5 checksum (code snippet attached). It runs fine in DIAdem, but testing it in SystemLink's Analysis Automation Procedure Library environment, it breaks at the line

Set MFoMD5 = CreateObject("System.Security.Cryptography.MD5CryptoServiceProvider")

with the error "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020101", which points to the COM interface.

I have found some examples for wrapper code in VB and .NET, which involves customizing the compiling, but what can be done here?

Thanx a lot in advance,
Volker

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,252 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author adlevo1

Hello Volker,

I have created a very simple test vbs script where only the create object is called (see attachment). I was able to reproduce the error.

The components used in create object are included in .NET 3.5, which was not installed on the machine where SystemLink TDM Server was running.

You can install the missing components by directly downloading .NET Framework 3.5 from Microsoft or by using the "Turn Windows features on or off".

Note: Not all COM Components are thread safe and when executing a analysis procedure in parallel mode it could happen that some of the CreateObjects will fail.

Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

Kind regards,

Alin

Message 2 of 4
(2,215 Views)

Hi, Alin!

Just to let you know: I'm still waiting for my IT to install .NET 3.5. Big company bureaucracy...

Thanx for the advice already now,
Volker

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,166 Views)

Hi, Alin!

As you could guess, since I accepted your solution: It works.
Thanx a lot!

Ciao
Volker

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,140 Views)