From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Builder Not Listing VIs to Add to Source Files

Solved!
Go to solution

I installed the Package Builder for LabVIEW 2017, and am trying to build a package for a group of myRIOs to deploy over SystemLink. When trying to add the source files, I click the plus next to the myRIO to access the list of VIs in order to add them (package1.png), but when it opens, there are no VIs listed (package2.png). I restarted LabVIEW and opened a new project to try again but had the same issue. I also tried building a package with VIs targeted to my computer (where I am able to see and add documentation to the source files) and in LabVIEW 2016.

Thanks for your help, and let me know if you need more info!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,515 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author whitney_c

You need to either create a source distribution, package project library, or executable, and then you can include them in a package.  We don't allow including VIs directly since in some deployments the links would be incorrect and it would fail to load.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,490 Views)

Ah got it. Thanks, Joshua! I was following the instructions in the manual, which don't mention that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,487 Views)

Similar question. I am trying to create a package so I can distribute a new startup executable for my CompactRIO systems. I built a realtime application (startup.rtexe).  However when I try to create a package this file is gray and can not be selected.  Is there another/better way to distributed real-time startup applications to my cRIO systems? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,047 Views)

You should be able to create a package using the package builder from LabVIEW. If you have a RT application created in your project, you can add the RT application that you've built to the package and it prompts you whether to include it as a startup exe.

image.png

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,041 Views)

Thanks!  I was trying to add the actual startup application startup.rtexe.  I didn't realize I could add the entire build. : )

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,034 Views)