SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Builder Not Listing VIs to Add to Source Files

Solved!
Go to solution

I installed the Package Builder for LabVIEW 2017, and am trying to build a package for a group of myRIOs to deploy over SystemLink. When trying to add the source files, I click the plus next to the myRIO to access the list of VIs in order to add them (package1.png), but when it opens, there are no VIs listed (package2.png). I restarted LabVIEW and opened a new project to try again but had the same issue. I also tried building a package with VIs targeted to my computer (where I am able to see and add documentation to the source files) and in LabVIEW 2016.

Thanks for your help, and let me know if you need more info!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,521 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author whitney_c

You need to either create a source distribution, package project library, or executable, and then you can include them in a package.  We don't allow including VIs directly since in some deployments the links would be incorrect and it would fail to load.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,496 Views)

Ah got it. Thanks, Joshua! I was following the instructions in the manual, which don't mention that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,493 Views)

Similar question. I am trying to create a package so I can distribute a new startup executable for my CompactRIO systems. I built a realtime application (startup.rtexe).  However when I try to create a package this file is gray and can not be selected.  Is there another/better way to distributed real-time startup applications to my cRIO systems? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,053 Views)

You should be able to create a package using the package builder from LabVIEW. If you have a RT application created in your project, you can add the RT application that you've built to the package and it prompts you whether to include it as a startup exe.

image.png

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,047 Views)

Thanks!  I was trying to add the actual startup application startup.rtexe.  I didn't realize I could add the entire build. : )

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,040 Views)