From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification templates

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,
I'm looking into Notification template and am wondering how to mention the tag name that has the actual alarm.

The help documentation only mentions the value and the system (specifying-notification-settings)

My use case is:

I have multiple systems, each system monitors assets. I want to notify the user which asset has an alarm.

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,500 Views)

Unfortunately, I don't think you can specify the tag path in the template.  That is probably just an oversight on our part and I'll look at seeing if we can get it added in a future release.

In the meantime, you can specify any property you want on the tag (i.e. label or display_name) and include that as an argument < > in your template.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,480 Views)

Do mean that in case my tag has a property called "type" I can add <type> in my message and it will be replace by the value in an actual notification?

What happens if the property doesn't exist for a tag?

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,469 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andre.buurman@carya

Yes. If you put a property in brackets (ex: <prop_name>), it will inline the value of that property in the email it sends out. You can use that to include the name of the tag by including a property called something like "name" with its value being the tag's name. 

If the property doesn't exist on the tag, the email will include the actual bracket as a string and won't try to replace the bracket with a value. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

Message 4 of 4
(2,461 Views)