SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI web server independent of Systemlink?

I am making webservices in Labview, which I then package and install with NIPM. To host the web services, I use the NI Web Server. NI provides the NI web server configuration app, which is really helpful in configuring and securing the web server. The web services mostly install and upgrade easily with NIPM and the web server is fast and reliable.

Accidently I found out that (on my dev machine) the web server comes with a basic version of Systemlink. Apparently the NI Web Server is part of Systemlink. I can't find a loose NI Web Server package in NIPM. This seems somewhat odd to me, because I have read that the NI web server is used by other applications as well, like datafinder and also labview web services.

I would like to deploy a webservice to a standalone (virtual) machine. Do I need to install the whole Systemlink package? Or is there a way that I can install and run NI Web Server (and configuration app) without the other Systemlink services?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(921 Views)