SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI System Link – Adding various Users and the privileges to NI SystemLink Server

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am exploring on NI SystemLink to use in one of my projects. I have created an admin user account for logging into the NI SystemLink Web Application and I am able to access all the features as shown in the below image,

Capture.PNG

It would be really helpful if you could let us know whether there are any options to add additional user accounts which can be shared with the clients so that they can login and download the required packages for their system that has been approved by the NI SystemLink Server. Also, any supporting documents regarding same would be appreciable.

Thanks for your support in advance!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,429 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brinda_Natvarbhai

Configuring and adding new users to your SystemLink server is all done in the "Roles" and "Applications" tabs of the NI Web Server Configuration Utility. There you can create new users and assign them different permissions in the different SystemLink applications. 

image.png   image.png

Additionally, here is some documentation on configuring roles and permissions in the NI Web Server.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

Message 2 of 5
(4,416 Views)

Thank you GreyGrey..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,350 Views)

Are there any plans for exposing role configuration through the front end? Looks like that's going to be one of the first plugins I write for SystemLink otherwise. No way I want to be the sole owner of permissions 🙂

Message 4 of 5
(3,388 Views)

That is something that we are planning to add to SystemLink and have on the roadmap but don't have a definitive date as to when we'll be able to add it. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

Message 5 of 5
(3,377 Views)