SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package Building non-LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

We have some applications that are Visual Studio compiled .exe's, and will remain as VS .exe's for various reasons.  I see on the SystemLink web page says that non-LabVIEW packages can be deployed as well.

The only way I can see at the moment is to move the files to the PC I have LV on, create a new project in LV, add the files to the project, and then create a package.  This seems cumbersome to me, but I realize that it is a secondary usage for Systemlink and NI is focused on LabVIEW.

How do I create a package from another .exe outside of LabVIEW?   

Edit:  Is the Command line interface the only option?  http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/ni-package-manager/1.0/manual/build-package-using-cli/

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,674 Views)

Currently, the only mechanisms for creating packages are using one of our development environments to make packages or using the NI Package Manager Command-line Interface to put together packages.

It sounds to me like using the NIPM CLI is the best solution for what you are trying to deploy. The documentation that you linked is for the 1.0 version of NIPM and I recommend taking a look at the 18.0 version. I don't think there is much different between the two versions in the CLI but just to be safe.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,636 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kenny_K

You may also want to sign up for the NI Package Builder beta on ni.com/beta.  This is a new application that NI is working on to allow customers to easily create packages for non-LV components without having to use the nipkg command line.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,630 Views)

I got approved for the beta and am testing it now.

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,612 Views)