SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Package Building | Command Line File Package | Adding License & Pre-Post Install modules

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have been exploring the option to build NI File Packages using Command Prompt as mentioned here. I also went through the method to create "control" file to customize the Package here. Please find the questions that I have below,

1) I am not able to find the option to add the license that can be shown before installing the package. Please let me know if I missed something and if there is an option to show license document before installing the file packages that are created using Command Prompt.

2) I am also not able to find an option to run pre or post-install code/script (similar to NI Package Builder). Please let me know if this can be done when building packages using Command Line.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,112 Views)

At the moment, we don't have the option to activate software on package installation but pre/post install custom actions can be done using an instructions file as is documented here.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,091 Views)

Thank You GreyGrey,

In the document here, there is the option to run only an exe on pre/post install. Is there any option to run a cmd or bat file similar to the NI Package Builder in LabVIEW.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,088 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SreeRanjaniSG

The way that you would call a batch script would be to call the cmd.exe and have it run the batch script by passing the path as an argument. Documentation for passing arguments is on the page that we have been discussing.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

Message 4 of 4
(3,064 Views)