cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jupyter loading issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

With SL 18.2 I also installed Jupyter, but it doesn't seem to load using my public dns.

It does load using localhost on the server machine.

I am also very interested in hearing about the use cases for Jupyter as it look powerful.

Please advise, thanks.

Jupyter load error.PNG

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,205 Views)

I'm not sure what is wrong but it seems like something on the web server side. Can you send me a technical support report again so that we can look at the logs to see if we can find out what is going wrong?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,187 Views)

Hi Brandon,

I just updated the Jupyter package to the latest version and it now seems to work via the public dns, but only for the built-in admin. Is this on purpose?

If so, why?

I just discovered that browsing to "Help->Launch Classic Notebook"  opens a different view with a button to access a "Control Panel".

Jupyter load error - non built-in admin.png

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,181 Views)

Hi Andre, glad to hear you are giving Jupyter a go, 😃

When you mention you updated the Jupyter package to the latest version, you mean you updated via nipkg (NI Package Manager)? Just want to confirm we are on the same page.

If so, now that the UI loads when logged in as admin, in which case it doesn't load? (are you using a webserver account, a domain account, LDAP?)

Cheers,

Alejandro

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,170 Views)

Hi Alejandro,

Yes, I used NI PM to update.

I use LDAP authentication.

I do have a hard time to figure out the use case for Jupyter to end users.

Can you share some use cases/examples for Jupyter?

E.g. how to interact with tags and it's properties.

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,160 Views)

This repo has Tag,File, TestMonitor and TDMSReader Jupyter notebook examples:

https://github.com/ni/systemlink-python-examples

They show how to use the SystemLink API, as well as some basic python based analytics. Hopefully, they will give you an idea of how to import SystemLink data source into Jupyter, slice and dice the data, then do custom analytics.

Cheers,

Alejandro

Message 6 of 11
(4,156 Views)

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,152 Views)

The default security configuration is to let all users access and use Jupyterhub however, it would be good to double-check that yours is still set this way. This can be found by looking at the NI Web Server Configuration Utility in the 'Applications' tab. 

image.png

Also, I assume that your other user is able to access other SystemLink web applications and its inability is limited to this one? If so, can you send me another Technical Support Report?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,135 Views)

Hi Brandon,

I checked the configuration and it is like you propose. It only seems to work for built-in admin, not for other users.

However the LDAP admin user has a link to "control panel" when displaying error 404, while a standard users hasn't got the link.

The server logs I sent yesterday are still valid, because I didn't change my configuration.

Thanks.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,128 Views)
Solution
Accepted by andre.buurman@carya

Just wanted to confirm that we have been able to reproduce the issue and there does seem to be an issue with the Jupyter module when using LDAP.  We are working on a fix and will post an update soon.

Message 10 of 11
(4,105 Views)