SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a posibility to Link datafile (attachment) to test step

Hi all,

Is there a possibility to make a hard link between a test step and a 'attachement' or multiple 'attachments'. Or are there any plans to implement this in the future.

Kind regards,

Coert Ansems

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,217 Views)

Currently, you can only link data files to test results, but not an individual step inside of a result.  That is something we can consider for in the future.  Can you give us some additional information on why that would be needed instead of just the result level attachments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,195 Views)

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for your reply. The reason for us is as follows: 

We don't have 'End Of Line' test tooling for testing like test stand is normally used for. We have mainly lifetime tests. In a lifetime test we start a test and do a measurement (for example) every 3 days. For this we want to create one 'Test' with every 3 Days a test step containing the KPI data and raw measurement data (attachments). 

Is my explanation clear to you?

Kind regards,

Coert Ansems

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,186 Views)

Joshua,

Another specific case I can think of is we do vision test on components, each vision test creates an image that I'd like to attach at the test level, rather then the overall result level.

Message 4 of 5
(2,172 Views)

Coert,

Not sure if you're using the LabVIEW API, but what we've done to solve this is when we attach the file to the Test Result we add parameters to the file for the name of the test step called "TestStepName". Since those parameters are searchable in any of the APIs or the web filters we can automate their lookup. It doesn't solve it on the web viewing side, but it does make it easily searchable from a LabVIEW lookup or if you're writing a Jupyter Notebook to do post-analysis.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,121 Views)