From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input to TDMS Write in Systemlink

Hello,

I want to generate a TDMS file after the test completion on the Systemlink server. For the same, I tried using TDMS write function to write the results to the tdms file. But, TDMS write function accepts polymorphic data as the input. I am not able to figure out, which terminal from my systemlink vi should I connect to the input of the TDMS write function?

I am stuck on this problem from long time. It will be really great if someone can help me out.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,566 Views)

Hello,

TDMS Write does not go directly to SystemLink. You'll need to do this in two steps.

1. Write your TDMS file locally.
  2. Upload that local TDMS file up to SystemLink.

RyanF_0-1588169987838.png

Thanks,

Ryan F

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,533 Views)

Hello Ryan,

Thank for your reply.

But how will be the results generated in the test monitor written/saved in this tdms file ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,514 Views)

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Test Monitor results are separate from tdms files (though you can attach files to a result). Can you add more detail about what you're trying to accomplish?

Thanks,

Ryan F

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,497 Views)

Hi,

What I want to do is:

1. Run the test and observe the corresponding results on the Test Monitor

2. After the completion of the test, I want the obtained test results to be saved in a tdms file (which I can access on Test Monitor/Systemlink maybe).

Actually I am not sure if this is possible.

In addition, I noticed that there is an option of "View TDMS data" on Test monitor, not sure if it could be helpful.

ajinkya007_0-1588363071027.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,477 Views)

To make sure I understand:

1. You want to run a sequence in TestStand and produce a corresponding Test Monitor result like so (this is simulated data):

RyanF_0-1588397681470.png

2. You want the results shown above to also be turned into a tdms file automatically? If so, that's not provided by our application natively. You can however attach files that you create yourself to the result while running in TestStand or after running using our HTTP APIs. Note that the file highlight below is not the "test result in tdms format". It is a file produced by a test within the sequence and attached to the result during the execution of the sequence.

RyanF_1-1588397811450.png

Does that help?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,469 Views)

I came across this thread while searching with a similar question.

I have a VI that generates Test Results on my Systemlink server.  I would like to add a TDMS file as an "Attachment" to a specific test result (as shown in the last screen shot above).  I can successfully generate the TDMS file and upload it to Systemlink, but I can't figure out how to make the file appear as an attachment to a specific test result instead of just a file on the server.

Is there a way to accomplish this from within my VI without using Test Stand?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,201 Views)

in case anyone else has this question, i found the answer.

there is a property associated with the test result called "File Ids".  connect the output of the "send file" VI (which is a file ID string) to a property node for the test result, and system link will associate the uploaded file with the test in question.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,185 Views)