SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Graphs in SystemLink Dashboard?

Hi,

I want to plot the value of a tag in a graph, but I am not sure how to link the tag to the graph. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks & Regards,

Mani

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,099 Views)

If you are wanting to plot data from tags and append them to the graph as they become available, I would recommend using the Chart instead of the graph.

Updating the graph is a little different. It is more intended for displaying the results of a test which would've generated many values similar to the graph in LabVIEW. Instead of supplying it one value at a time, you have to supply it all it's values with each update. To supply multiple values at a time, it takes in a string representing a JSON array of numbers (ex: "[3.0, 4.56, 9.8, 15.12]"). 

Additionally, the SystemLink Manual has a page that documents the data types used for many of the UI elements available via the Dashboard builder. 

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,078 Views)

Hi,

How do I change the plot names of a graph using tags?

Thanks & Regards,

Nikitha

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,068 Views)

I've just been playing with graphs and charts on the Dashboard Builder too. As with DataDashboard, it appears that the current graphs and charts are limited in x axis to point number. E.g. I would like to plot data against real clock time. But the Dashboard widgets only take simple data types: a point for the chart and an array for the graph. My next attempt will be to use a WebVI, but I was just wondering if there are plans to beef up the graphs and charts in the Dashboard Builder? If you could plot X,Y pairs, it would be so much more useful!

-------------------------------------------------------------
David Thomson Original Code Consulting
www.originalcode.com
National Instruments Alliance Program Member
Certified Embedded Systems Developer
-------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,058 Views)

To change the label of the plot in the legend, just double-click one of the items in the plots list. It should have two fields, the "Label" field and the "Value" field. Value is where you would put the name of the tag, label is where you can change what the graph displays it as. 

As for the question about plotting real-time data, currently that is not something that you can do, but we really appreciate you providing us with this feedback!

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,047 Views)

Can I not link tags to the labels in graph? 

Thanks,

Nikitha

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,027 Views)

Meaning, Can I send the label as well the graph input values in a single tag?

Thanks,

Nikitha

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,025 Views)

Not currently, but that is something we can look at adding in the next release.  Would it suffice if you could just set a property like Label or Display Name on the tag?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,010 Views)

Yeah, that 'll do. 

I have another question regarding trees. I need to display a tree (in LabVIEW), in the Dashboard. Creating a tag for a tree, to just imitate a tree in LabVIEW takes a lot of formatting. Is there an easier way to get the tags created from trees in LabVIEW. 

Thanks,

Nikitha

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,993 Views)

Right now, to take a tree created in LabVIEW would require you to change it to the JSON format as described in this document. Is this is the formatting that you referred to?

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,989 Views)