SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable notification: "SystemLink Server - Advanced component is not licensed"

Solved!
Go to solution

I have installed SystemLink 2020 R2 and activated the Standard license.

Every time I go to the Security application, I see the message "The SystemLink Server - Advanced component is not licensed. Workspaces other than the default are archived."

I have never created additional workspaces so there is nothing to archive, and I don't plan to activate Advanced features for now. How do I dismiss this message permanently?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,762 Views)

Hi JKSH, 

Good question!

1. Go to C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\License Manager\Licenses
  2. Find the license file SystemLink_SvrAdv_PKG_200100.lc and rename it to SystemLink_SvrAdv_PKG_200100.lc.bak
  3. Refresh the security page and the banner should be gone. 

This banner will also go away when the evaluation period for the advanced license expires. I suggest renaming the license file rather than deleting it incase you want to activate this capability in the future. You will likely need to repeat this process on upgrade. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,726 Views)

Hi Mark,

I followed your suggestion and renamed the SystemLink Advanced license file. I verified that NI License Manager no longer sees it. However, the notification still returns every time I reload any of the Security pages. Deleting the .bak file didn't help either.

Any ideas?

ni-license-manager-systemlink.png

sl-server-adv-license.png

sl-server-workspaces.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,646 Views)

Ping?

We would like to hand over this server to the customer soon and would like to know how to get rid of the "Advanced component is not licensed" notice.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,599 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JKSH

Hi JKSH, 

Thank you for escalating this. We have a feature on our backlog describing an improved behavior, but we have not yet been able prioritize this work. Unfortunately there is no work-around at this time. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,589 Views)